Saturday, 19 September 2015

Day and Night Eye Creams Review: YSL Youth Liberator Eye Cream - Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye


I have tried a number of eye creams over the last year and I have now finally settled on two multi purpose and effective eye creams, one for day and one for night. The hardest thing I found whilst on my search for the perfect eye cream was something that my under eye area actually liked. So I sampled eye creams from Clarins, Clinique, Dior, Chanel, Murad, Ren, Dr Hauschka, Shisheido, YSL, Estee Lauder and La Mer - being my absolute favourite but pricey as diamonds!


I was firm I wanted an eye cream for the day and another for night so they offered different uses yet gave effective care to the eye area whilst being in my opinion reasonably priced - what I wanted most though for example is for my eye cream during the day to brighten and moisturise and during the night to protect and nourish.


YSL "FOREVER YOUTH LIBERATOR is the 1st skincare by Yves Saint Laurent containing the Glycanactif™, a patented¹ combination of 3 glycans, to help increase youthful activity in skin cells.² EYE CREME An eye creme designed to refresh and relax the appearance of the eye area."


Yves Saint Laurent Forever Youth Liberator Eye Cream provides a luminous under eye area, it is a anti ageing cream designed to refresh and relax the skin. I first sampled this eye cream before purchasing the full size and just loved how it soaked into my skin. It also provides de-puffing so its great for early mornings if you suffer from puffiness. It also helps eliminate dark circles and apparently after a months use day after day it should reduce them - I don't suffer from dark circles however I do notice if I have a couple of days of not sleeping properly or late nights it just makes my eye area look and feel back to normal and no shadows. 

I also noticed lines have disappeared, occasionally a tiny line will appear but this cream resolved those - I know I need a new eye cream when tiny lines appear because I have previously never suffered from these. Visibly my eye area is smooth and looks really well kept up since using this cream regularly I absolutely think its made a difference to my eye area. 

I had previously been using Kiehls Avocado eye cream for the day, while at first it seemed like a treat for my eye area after a while it felt like it wasn't doing anything for me - tiny lines! I think during summer it was just too heavy and I noticed a dot of milia so I've stopped using it hence my reason for finding something different. I prefer how the YSL eye cream gives me that cooling sensation when applied. Its got a lovely fluffy almost mousse like consistency with little to no fragrance so its lovely when applied before makeup too.

A little goes a long way with this product, unfortunately it doesn't include an applicator considering it costs £45 for 15ml. But the product is worth every penny and absolutely is a wonderful creme for the under eye area, I would for sure make this a repurchase again and again. I switch between this eye cream and La Mer Eye Concentrate during the day occasionally.


ESTEE LAUDER Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex ll "TESTED AND PROVEN. Delivers significant clinical improvement: a more youthful—vibrant, brighter—look to your eyes. With exclusive ChronoluxCB™ Technology, it maximises the power of night to re-ignite the light that can fade due to fatigue, pollution and age. See your most beautiful eyes."


Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair Eye cream was a random browse of top picked eye creams in the US from beauty websites - it popped up a few times and what sadly sold it was that it was a Victorias Secret Models favourite - heck if it works for them its got to do something for me! But I had my own belief too I enjoyed the face serum to this range so I got a sample for the eye and was not disappointed. It's a rich cream for the eye so its great for night when you take off all your makeup and freshly wash your face and need that thick rich skincare. it takes longer than usual to sink in. I think more than a cream when it comes into contact with skin it melts so feels more like a serum so gel creme is probably the correct description for it.

This cream is an all rounder, it fights all signs of ageing dullness, dryness, puffiness, lines and wrinkles. The great thing is whilst it is a rich creme it doesn't block or clog pores so my eye are definitely enjoys it! My under eye feels soft and smooth once applied. By the morning I noticed that my skin is hydrated and lifted. I like how refreshed I look in the morning when I wake up and for sure this cream has made that difference. I don't suffer from dark circles or bags or even wrinkles so I can't comment and say they disappear but for me this cream is purely for prevention rather than when I get to a cure point. I would rather have a preventative choice now considering I am hitting my 30's in three years! LOL! I am so obsessed about keeping my under eye area looking young!

This eye cream costs £40 for 15ml and comes with an applicator, very handy indeed! I apply this cream only at night. This will also be a repurchase over and over again for me now. I switch between this eye cream and the La Mer Eye Balm Intense during the  night occasionally. 

I have to admit openly La Mer skincare is my absolute favourite and I do splurge on the brand, but I use the products as treats every few weeks as oppose to every day - I feel my skin appreciates the products more this way and they actually work because I switch things up and so YSL and Estee Lauder eye creme are my two everyday firm favourites for now. 

Dyno X

No comments:

Post a Comment