Sunday, 12 July 2015

Beauty Blender Cleanser Dupe ALERT!


Hello there! I thought I'd get into the swing of things and make a return with a dupe product, which I think many of my lovely readers will  find rather useful! I'm a regular user of this amazing makeup sponge called the 'Beauty Blender' (let me know if you would like a review). Many makeup junkies love and use this sponge religiously for a flawless foundation and concealer application.



The beauty blender has become part of my everyday makeup routine, it makes my makeup go on flawlessly and I love using it to blend my concealer for when I am highlighting and contouring my face. The annoying thing is having to clean it - regular brush cleanser and baby shampoo doesn't seem to clean out the product it absorbs and then you can't really use your sponge as effectively. 

Up till now I have been purchasing the original beauty blender cleanser in liquid and solid form, its the only cleanser to effectively remove all dirt from my sponge. For some reason though the liquid version of the cleanser is always sold out and so I have been purchasing the solid version - in my opinion I find the solid runs out quicker than the liquid but both clean equally and effectively, perhaps apart from ingredients and formation I find there is no other difference in terms of cleansing.

This week when I went over to clean my brushes and sponges it slipped my mind to repurchase the cleanser for my beauty blenders.... Now how do I clean them?! They really needed a wash. I started to look online for next day delivery options but the two places I conveniently buy from were out of stock for the liquid version.....And I feel like the solid version is working out more and more expensive considering how quickly I was getting through it...*sigh*

On the hunt for value for money I looked for dupes online and only came across 'Dr Bronner Magic Soap' - but guess what? You can't even easily find that in the UK ! US only and under 5 dollars! Back to the drawing board...I want something I can buy tonight so I have fresh clean beauty blenders for tomorrow! I thought about the ingredients that go into a solid cleanser.... 


I then considered what goes into regular soap....I looked at the ingredients in Simple Skin soap bars, Imperial Leather soap bar, Cheap everyday soap bars, Dove soap bars and you know what ... the ingredients are so so similar! Here is the ingredients for Johnsons baby soap bar which I picked up from Tesco as my new choice of cleanser for my beauty blenders...


There are differences in the ingredients between the two products...But some of the bases such as: Sodium, Aqua, Glycerin, Tetrasodium Etidronate are all either Surfactant (compound that makes up detergent in order to remove dirt), Humectant (compound in the form of moisturiser used in cosmetics to retain moisture), Solvent (a solid, liquid or gas able to chemically dissolve another substance) or Sequestrant (acts as a detergent/substance removing deposits and occupy the water). 

On this basis I went ahead and attempted to use the baby soap bar to clean my beauty blender and it did exactly the same if not perfect job of completely deep cleaning my beauty blender sponge. I am really surprised how well it worked and I immediately knew I would not ever be repurchasing a beauty blender cleanser in solid or liquid form! To further seal my decision...here's why...

Original Beauty Blender Cleanser Liquid 28g: £14.00-£16.00
Original Beauty Blender Cleanser Solid 150ml: £12.00-£13.00
Johnsons Baby Soap 4 Bar Pack 100g each : £1.00-£1.25

The price is astonishing and I shamefully paid it for well over a year! You live and learn and I can't stress enough to my lovely readers, please please don't buy the original cleanser it really isn't worth the price tag considering the basic ingredients involved that you can easily find in cheap everyday soap cleansers! If someone even said to me what about it being anti-bacterial? Guess what? Buy a soap bar with anti-bacterial action! My next purchase will also be a soap bar from Simple Skin they do the anti-bacterial version so its a win-win situation!

I cannot believe how Johnsons Baby soap bar cleaned my sponge and I guess the added honey is a bonus too, there is no irritating scent left behind but more like a fresh baby! My sponge is soft like new, the quality isn't affected either and it works just as well wash after wash! I have a couple of beauty blender sponges; one to blend my foundation, one for concealer, one for contouring and another to apply powders. Concealer absorbed into the sponge in particular is harder to remove and the baby soap bar did a tremendous job of cleaning it all out, so it's even able to remove the most stubborn makeup product. 

From now on I'll be using the money on a lipstick instead! But for me by far finding the baby soap bar at such a cheap price is just unbelievable, I won't be returning to the expensive option and it even works a dream for my makeup brushes - I gave those a whirl in the soap bar and it cleaned the brushes better than liquid baby shampoo! If you try the baby soap bar out do leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts...for now I know pricey doesn't always mean better!

Johnsons Baby Soap Bars are the new Beauty Blender Cleanser DUPE!

Dyno x

No comments:

Post a Comment