Tuesday, 20 August 2013

NARS 'Boys Don't Cry' Blush - Pierre Hardy Collection


In my absence from the blogging world there's one blusher that's had me head over heels! And so I thought today I'd finally break my silence and return with a beauty product that has graced my cheeks alot...

NARS Blush in 'Boys Don't Cry' from the Pierre Hardy Collection. Now unfortunately this is a limited edition product but good news is that it is still available to purchase on the NARS website. So I'm assuming if any NARS counters haven't sold out it may be worth asking to see if they have any left. 




'Boys Don't Cry' is a beautiful bold, bright almost neon touch blusher! It's a definite summer staple colour of coral with the perfect amount of orange and pink; a true coral colour. It's described as a 'high voltage' blush and while it looks scary in the pan it can be applied with a light hand and gives a generous wash of coral colour to the cheeks.

On opening the blusher compact there is an over spray of gold which is beautiful and it was very difficult to swatch it in the fear of ruining it! The gold pattern does not continue throughout the blusher and so once the pattern is ruined swiped a matte texture of blush is revealed. 


The size of this blush is huge - not the average size of NARS blushes but this compact is the size of the NARS bronzer compacts - so it's quite a lot of product - but I'm so glad because of it being a limited edition product means it will last for ages!



Above I have only swatched the blush once - the top swatch being with the gold pattern and the second swatch just the coral blush itself. As you can see it is extremely pigmented in just one swipe, my favorite thing about this blush is the matte like formula - I love matte blushes!

Below I'm wearing it extremely lightly, I literally dabbed the brush into the pan and in a stippling motion patted it onto my cheeks and blended it out to tone down its intensity. It can of course be applied heavier.


Has anyone else bought this blusher? What are your thoughts? Hope everyone is keeping well I'm back to regular blogging now!

Dyno x

2 comments: