Sunday, 9 June 2013

NARS 'Tolede' Lipstick - Review, Photos & Swatches


Nars has recently launched a new range of 11 lipsticks in a 'Satin' formula. Described as a:
"A lustrous, long-wearing lipstick infused with conditioners to provide comfortable wear and sumptuously silky color. Smooth, ultra comfortable wear. Sophisticated shade range. Patented blend of conditioners and antioxidants that hydrate, nourish and protect lips." - Narscosmetics.com


First off I absolutely adore NARS products they are my weakness and when I met this new lipstick 'Tolede' introduced in their Limited Edition Summer Collection I was immediately head over heels, it caught my eye straight away and even before my local Space NK had a chance to put out the testers display for the collection I bought one!


It's a gorgeous my lips but so much better colour and is actually described as 'Pink Rose'. It's beautiful! In fact it's absolutely stunning! I contemplated buying back ups as I saw it was part of the Summer 2013 collection but lucky me it's actually a permanent one to stay now! Woohoo! I probably need to repurchase though because I am literally half way through my first tube I've used it nearly every day!


It's a lovely pigmented formula and it wore for a good 5-6 hours. I like the satin formula because it stays put yet isn't drying at all. The coverage is great and literally applies fully opaque in one swipe. I did find however on my arm it swatched slightly different in colour, but on my lips it was like wow! This looks hot! If you know me by now you would know my absolutely holy grail pink lip colour is MAC Modesty Lipstick (cremesheen) or MAC Faux Lipstick (satin) depending on the finish I'm going for. I find MAC's Satin formulas to be slightly matte as opposed to proper satin formulas so 'Tolede' by NARS is really just a perfect combination of the two in my opinion, creamy and satiny.


I love how the colour is, I love how it goes on and I love how it looks on my lips. It made my lips feel like butter! And I can't stop pouting with this lipstick on lol - it's sooooo nice!


Hope you like it, I urge you to check this shade out!

Dyno x

2 comments: