Monday, 10 June 2013

MAC Strobe Liquid in 'Golden Elixir'


"Blending soft focus diffusers with iridescent pigments, this ultra-fluid strobe formula produces a soft radiant light on the skin, reducing the appearance of skin imperfections by providing a natural looking glow. Spreads on smoothly and absorbs quickly leaving the skin looking healthier and more radiant. A lighter weight addition to the popular strobe cream." - MAC

I've never used a strobe liquid before, MAC has one permanent strobe liquid which has a pink base and I've always been intrigued but pink on a tan complexion I never really gave it a go. But when MAC's Temperature Rising Bronzing Summer Collection came out I knew I had to have the limited edition 'Golden Elixir' version!




It's a golden based lotion which apparently has many uses: use as a highlighter, to illuminate, or use mixed with foundation for an all over glow, or over the body.


If i'm completely honest I've only used it mixed in my foundation and I have to report that I was completely blown away by how amazing this stuff is! The golden tone on my NC42/43.5 skintone looks gorgeous!



This gave me that gorgeous holiday glow and I love that I can cheat it every day now! I do think it's way too much used on it's own but one pump mixed in my foundation is perfect to give my face, neck and collar bones a beautiful bronzed shimmer. 

I didn't have any reactions to it, my pores were not enlarged and it does stay put with my makeup for the whole day. Infact I got so many complitements about my makeup and glow, even my brother noticed how 'fit' I looked!!! And all I changed in my makeup routine was add Golden Elixir Strobe Liquid.

I sure hope they make this a permanent edition to MAC as it's absolutely gorgeous. I am using it sparingly because I was only able to purchase one bottle as it sold out so quickly! Please MAC if your reading make Strobe Liquid in Golden Elixir permanent!



Dyno x

No comments:

Post a Comment