Thursday, 9 May 2013

MAC In Extra Dimension: Extra Dimension Skinfinish in 'Double Definition' - Review, Photos & Swatches


"A liquid-powder highlighter with prismatic reflections that sculpts, highlights and models the face. The cool, creamy near-fluid formula creates a luminous, well-defined finish. Wears 10 hours." - MAC.

Another Extra Dimension Collection this year with a twist to the Skinfinishes. You can see last years collection here - and you will notice that the twist to the skinfinishes is that they are combined with two different colours this time rather than just the one.

I picked only one Skinfinish from this years collection which stood out the most to me: 'Double Defnition'.





All three in this years collection are beautiful:
'Shape The Future' - (Pastel pink with iridescence/Soft brick with light shimmer)
'Definitely Defined' - (Silvery pink/Soft rose with shimmer)
'Double Definition' - (Soft Shimmery gold/patina bronze)

'Double Definition' as pictured is my favorite, I think I'm more of a bronzed kind of girl so this one was my obvious choice. At first I thought maybe it was too close to last years skinfinishes but on closer inspection it is very different and I really like having different tones and colours of gold in my collection. So as a highlighter I love this one alot because it's a really pretty bronze colour.



The uniqueness of this skinfinish is that you can use the two colours individually so really your getting two tones in one compact. Then you can even combine the two together and I personally really liked the colour combination when it's mixed. The top colour is a yellow gold and the bottom colour is a copper gold, the two mixed is a true copper bronzed deep gold and it looks beautiful! This would compliment a tanned complexion so perfectly, it's literally a magazine cover tan highlight you get!

This year I found the skinfinish to be so much more smoother than last years. There's no glitter but a metallic sheen which is quite buttery to touch. It blends out so smoothly and I personally didn't find that it accentuates pores. It also wears for plenty of hours and I never noticed any fading after seven hours of wear - it was still going strong.



'Double Definition' is very flattering on tanned and deeper complexions, applied correctly, lighter skintones would look pretty with it too. On my NC43.5 skintone it looks gorgeous! It's going to be one of my summer staples!

Available online and instore: MAC - £21.50.

Dyno x

No comments:

Post a Comment