Wednesday, 8 May 2013

MAC Fashion Sets: Silly Lip Pencil - Review, Photos & Swatches


"Bold brights with a modern edge in four coordinated sets featuring our favourite textures and finishes. The powerful purple of Heroine, the playful pink of Silly, the red-hot scarlet of Ablaze and the full-on fuchsia of Embrace Me - each available in Lipstick, Lipglass, Nail Lacquer and Eye Shadow." MAC.

Silly Lip Pencil is part of the Fashion Sets Collection 'Silly' set. It is described as a 'bright pink', but when swatched I found it to be a more toned down pink lip pencil. It's not a hot pink but more of a brighter baby pink with a cream colour, in some lights it even looks neon.


 I only picked the lip pencil because this is the first time I came across a pink lip pencil from MAC which could be used with many of their other pink lipsticks. Previously I found it hard to find a close lip pencil to use with some of my pink lipsticks.


I love the quality, pigmentation and wear of MAC lip pencils and 'Silly' lip pencil is no exception! It's a matte finish and prevents lipsticks from bleeding. Below in the image I have included some of my pink lipstick swatches that can benefit from 'Silly' lip pencil.


I really recommend 'Silly' lip pencil if your looking for a universal lip pencil to go with some of your pink lipsticks. The added bonus is that you can even use this lip pencil all over on it's own! This is a limited edition pencil so get your paws on it quick - I'm really sure it will come in handy because MAC doesn't have anything close to this colour at all in their permanent range.

Dyno x

No comments:

Post a Comment