Wednesday, 8 May 2013

MAC Fashion Sets: Ablaze Lipstick & Lip Pencil - Review, Photos & Swatches


"Bold brights with a modern edge in four coordinated sets featuring our favourite textures and finishes. The powerful purple of Heroine, the playful pink of Silly, the red-hot scarlet of Ablaze and the full-on fuchsia of Embrace Me - each available in Lipstick, Lipglass, Nail Lacquer and Eye Shadow." MAC.

In the month of May there have been about four collection releases one of which is the Fashion Sets, Ablaze is a new colour introduced in this collection. A definite staple for Spring/Summer! I picked up the Lipstick and Lip Pencil and the colour for both is named as 'Ablaze' and is described as a 'bright apricot cream'. I think this is more of a coral/orange with pink tones.





The Lipstick is a matte formula and the Lip Pencil is a standard pencil. Both the pencil and lipstick match each other and are identical in colour. This is a really easy colour for me to wear. It's super bright and my favorite formula and it's great because I can add a gloss on top to give it a glossy look rather than matte.


Ablaze in my opinion is a unique colour, I at first thought I may have a few dupes in my collection but it's actually very unique and a bit of a chameleon because it can be more pink or orange in different lights.


Above I picked out the closest lipsticks I thought looked similar to Ablaze, I forgot to include 'Chatterbox' by MAC, but it's definitely alot more pink than coral. Ablaze is a new summer staple for me this year and I'm so glad I picked it up. The lip pencil is also very unique as to date MAC doesn't have a similar lip pencil at all. I did a lot of swatching and I couldn't find anything close! So it's the perfect addition for all my coral/pink/orange toned lipsticks.

If you can get your hands on Ablaze I  highly recommend it! It's the perfect colour for any skin tone and throughout the whole of summer! It's exceptionally beautiful looking on anyone with a tan! Because of the matte formula I found I got a brilliant 5 hours of wear with a no bleeding and a little fading by this time mark. I personally don't find this formula drying at all and it's more of cream matte so it shouldn't accentuate any dryness so long as you use a good lip scrub and balm.

Dyno x

2 comments:

  1. hey i really like your blog!
    could you also make pictures of you wearing the lipstick, just your lips with the colour on it if you like...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you, yes of course I will take a picture and update the post x

      Delete