Wednesday, 10 April 2013

New In: Louis Vuitton


Louis Vuitton Small Leather Goods have been my recent investment - 
and




I actually treated myself to these around my birthday but only recently started to use them. I previously own a Louis Vuitton Vernis Zippy Wallet in 'Rose Pop' but it's got quite a bit of use out of it and I'd like to preserve it to hand down if I ever have a daughter! I've also needed a smaller sized wallet which can slip into my evening clutch bags rather than carrying a big wallet. 

Louis Vuitton Sarah Wallet 'Beige Poudre'
Champagne, gold and beige colours are my absolute favorite! There is something so rich looking about them and my friends and family always comment on how my skin matches this shade! So naturally when I spotted this champagney colour at Louis Vuitton I fell completely in love and just had to have this wallet. It's from the season - Fall Autumn/Winter 2012 and was available in this colour for about half the year or until the pieces in 'Beige Poudre' completely sold out. As far as I am aware I got one of the last two pieces available in Europe.

I really have to give credit to Louis Vuitton Customer Services, their Sales Associate very kindly had this piece located and sent from France to a store close to me and ensured I got the piece and colour I really wanted. I wouldn't expect anything less though however I do feel the service over the phone is heck of a lot more better, polite and personal than what I have experienced in store especially in the UK. By far the service in the US is so brilliant!

Anyway besides that the wallet is in the shiny Vernis line and described by Louis Vuitton as: 
"This wallet fashioned in discreetly embossed Monogram Vernis leather is feminine and compact. It features a press stud closure and is designed to hold bills and credit cards. It also has leather lining and golden brass pieces. Press Stud Closure, Ten Credit Card Slots, One Bill Compartment ".

I guess this wallet will need extra care due to the leather, grain and material especially when it comes to possible transfer of colours onto it. But I'm quite OCD about taking care of my things so it shouldn't be a problem.

This wallet for me is perfect. It's roomy, is a spacious wallet and is a great size.



Louis Vuitton Key Pouch 'Amarante'
The Key Pouch is a new addition to my collection, while my wallet is a big size and perfect for larger hand bags I wanted a smaller option for my evening and clutch bags or just something I could grab and go with in a rush. There were plenty of options available to choose from such as a coin purses, card holders or smaller sized wallets but this little key pouch caught my eye the most. 

It's called a Key Pouch and technically isn't a small wallet but it's an absolute brilliant all rounder as it has a slot at the back that can hold a few cards, a zip compartment which easily holds bills and coins and a attached key chain to hook onto my keys or even my bags. It's very versatile and that's why I chose this over the other options. You can use it for anything really if you tried you could even get in your iPhone and a lip balm anything really and that's why it's great because it's very roomy.

The colour however is not limited edition, there was an option with this seasons latest limited edition colours but I really liked the 'Amarante' - it's a gorgeous deep wine colour and looks very rich and classy against the gold zip and chain detail. Louis Vuitton describes this as: "This Key Pouch in Monogram Vernis leather is extremely versatile, with room for jeys, change and small papers. Discreetly embossed Monogram, Zipper Closure, Key ring, Hooks onto the D-rings found in most Louis Vuitton bags."

I think the only worry I have really is the surface of the Monogram Vernis getting scratched. But I guess this is inevitable. For both the wallet and key pouch the cleaning process is a soft dust cloth and definitely no damp or wet chemicals to clean it.

This gets a lot of use actually more than I anticipated, it's versatility makes this such a unique piece for me.



Both pieces and designs are permanently available at Louis Vuitton but come in permanent and limited edition colours just like many of Louis Vuitton's pieces and collection.



Dyno x

2 comments:

  1. Wow,love ur purchases hun they all beautiful! My Lv purse was stolen in Feb #sad face#hope I can replace it soon hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! Oh no that's so sad to hear! Hopefully you get a new one soon xx

      Delete