Monday, 8 April 2013

Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder Review

 

"One invisible formula that works for all skin tones, from light to deep. This powder contains unique light-reflecting, micro-refined spherical silica powders that help create a soft-focus appearance, diminishing the look of fine lines and imperfections while visibly smoothing skin." - Lauramercier.com

I've been after a new setting powder for some time that I can use on a daily basis, as I like to save my MUFE HD Setting Powder and Giorgio Armani Loose Setting Powder for special occasions. So back in November while on holiday in Las Vegas I spent hours trying out different products in Sephora and picked up the Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder.

It's named as UNIVERSAL which is a basic translucent powder. I've read plenty of reviews online and it's been a continuous winner with plenty of beauty magazines and awards.




What I will tell you straight away to cut a long story short is that it's brilliant. A little goes a long way and the best part is how it feels on; smooth, silky and my skin feels super soft! It doesn't look ashy or leaves a white cast but I do recommend using little by little to avoid looking ghostly, that's with any powder really.

My makeup stays put for hours and it looks natural on, the finish is smoothed out with no lines and it doesn't look cakey either. This is great to blot out any oil which might turn up later in the day. It has a matte finish but makes your skin look radiant.


It's a very finely milled powder almost like baby powder but it's so much more smoother. I actually find it evens out your skin and fills in any imperfections.

If I'm honest to me it's equal if not the same thing as the MUFE HD Powder minus the white cast MUFE HD Powder can leave behind. And so the benefit would be it's easier to get hold of Laura Mercier products than it is MUFE here in the UK. I do think I will still be on the lookout for another loose setting powder but I do enjoy using this alot.

What really sets it apart is how it feels when applied, baby soft and super smooth and if I had to choose this or the MUFE HD Powder I would pick the Laura Mercier one. And it looks totally flawless!


I really like this powder, I think it's a brilliant setting powder (but again limited to special occasions - though I don't mind using it daily) and I love using it with a big fluffy powder brush all over. Below I used it over the weekend over my Nars Sheer Glow Foundation and I'm happy to report I got  about 10 hours wear and my face still looked flawless!


A little expensive but also worth it! £29.00

Dyno x

12 comments:

  1. Laura Mercier products sound great, would love to try out the setting powder and their tinted moisturizer!

    Blindly Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, I think yes they are great - do give them a try x

      Delete
  2. Thank goodness we have Laura Mercier here. Super fine, loose powders are my favorite for setting my makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Arian! Yup totally agree with you! x

      Delete
  3. Great review,I hav been meaning to buy this will get it soon. U look gorgeous&flawless as always hun,hop u r well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Doll, thank you! Yes Im ok hope your well too xx

      Delete
  4. The application looks flawless to me. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds great and it looks great on you!
    I'm soon going to run out of my coastal scents one so I might give this one a try :)

    please check out my blog, I'm new here ;)
    http://muscatexpat.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Muscatee, Thank you! Yes do try it I thought it was a lovely everyday powder x

      Delete
  6. Thanks for this review. I was undecided to between the LM powder and Chanel's loose setting powder. I finally decided to get Chanel's and I love it so much. I definitely recommend you try it. When I get close to running low on Chanel's I really want to try LM's powder.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mavi, no problem, yeh I really want to try the Chanel loose powder! There's their new one as well- Les Beiges a pressed powder! I'm going to consider trying those next xx

      Delete