Tuesday, 12 March 2013

MAC Archie's Girls Collection Haul

Archie's Girls
 "The ravishing rivals for Archie's affection inspire a colour collection celebrating their iconic personas. Smoulder in deep and seductive tones inspired by spoiled rich girl Veronica or beam like blonde-next-door Betty in soft and innocent shades for eyes and face. So gorgeous in exclusively designed packaging." - Limited edition, MAC.



Betty
"Beautiful Blonde-Next-Door Betty inspires a limited-edition colour collection with a soft, innocent sexiness. Lipsticks in peaches and pinks beam bright under layers of Lipglass in girly shades. Nail Lacquer in Comic Cute and Pep Pep Pep to win Archie's affection. All packaged in exclusive designs." - MAC

Veronica
"The envy of every girl, Veronica smoulders with a limited-edition colour collection rich in deep, seductive tones. Lipsticks in violet, red and blackened plum play up the va-voom while Lipglass shimmers in shades certain to steal hearts. Nails lacquered in dark berry and navy crème ready for a soda fountain catfight. All packaged in exclusive Archie's Girls designs." - MAC

What are you ladies? I think I'm definitely a Veronica Girl!

This is such a cute collection I don't really know too much about the comic characters behind this collection but it's a very comic and bright looking one. Though some colours I swatched were actually quite light. But I've seen so much hoo ha around the release that even I became interested and overall I'm impressed and pleased.

From this collection of MAC Archie's Girls I got:
  • Pearlmatte Face Powder in Flatter me
  • Betty Bright Lipstick
  • Kiss and Don't Tell Lipglass
  • Daddy's Little Girl Lipstick
  • Ronnie Red Lipstick
  • Strawberry Malt Lipglass

I will warn you though, although a good looking collection I found the lipsticks and glosses to be dupable, but my love of lipstick got the better of me plus the funky packaging so I did pick a few lipsticks and glosses.  The blushers I totally skipped because they just seemed quite boring to me too. The eyeshadow palettes were also a skip because I just don't see myself using such shades along with the pointless pigments, eye pencils and mascaras - if your just in love with the stuff for the packaging go for it!



MAC Archie's Girls Pearlmatte Face Powder In 'Flatter Me' - Golden Peach with Coral Hearts
"Love is in the details with all-new Pearlmatte Face Powder combining pearlized and satin shades to achieve an array of looks. Hearts are adorably stamped onto the base. Effortlessly blends with a rich and creamy texture. Use for highlighting and blush effects or as an Eye Shadow with a velvet-smooth finish." 





This is a sheer powder, the pearlmatte I guess is there to add radiance and while it does on my skintone it is extremely light and literally only a sheen of coral gold. It is beautiful though, this gives the most natural radiance and touch of highlight to the face without any shimmer which is such a bonus. I did have a little issue with the hearts to really get some pigmentation out but eventually the colour came through. 

This is definitely one of those face powders you can use all over and not worry about the glow too much, it will look healthy and natural without being over the top at all because it's so sheer when applied. You can see this in the blended swatch photo above. 'Flatter Me' is literally a flatter me shade! It's just so perfect and pretty to look at!


MAC Betty Lipstick in 'Betty Bright' - Light Vibrant Peach 
I lurveeeee corals, peaches and oranges because they suit my complexion so much and when I saw swatches for this collection I knew I needed and had to have 'Betty Bright'! It's a lovely peach colour ran than a true coral in my opinion and I absolutely love it!



MAC Veronica Lipstick in 'Daddy's Little Girl' - Midtone Pink Violet
I'm slowly taking a liking to purple based pink lipsticks so this was a subtle less purple version; so as I didn't think I had anything like it I grabbed this too. It's nice applies sheer but has good colour pay off. I'd say it's a muted pink purple.



MAC Veronica Lipstick in 'Ronnie Red' - Bright Red
Red is my weakness and so is a matte based red lipstick, so this was a no brainer! Plus swatches i'd seen were so beautiful I just had to have and I say I love it so much! It's actually to me a pinky red and I adore these kind of red shades.



Below swatches and possible dupes:



MAC Betty Lipglass in 'Kiss and Don't Tell' - Bright Coral
The perfect coral colour in my opinion, don't have anything simple like it so loved it and needed it and can't wait to use it over the 'Betty Bright' lipstick. The gloss is pigmented and without any shimmer in it so for me it was perfect.

MAC Veronica Lipglass in 'Strawberry Malt' - Bright Red
I've used up quite a few of my red lipglosses so this was the most simple and scrumptious looking one! I have one description for this and that is strawberry jelly! Shiny, glossy, wobbly, gloopy jelly! Love this colour because it's so clean and pigmented with a rich red gloss!


Below Swatches and Possible Dupes:



While a lovely collection I don't think I personally really needed all the items I picked up but I adore them just as much! Some of my favorite colours have appeared in this collection and therefore I gave in, the packaging is a bonus! It makes the meaning of limited edition really stand out! It's also a nice change from the signature black coloured MAC packaging and compacts.

Has anyone else hauled from this collection? Do Share...

Dyno x

6 comments:

  1. Great haul hun, love everything u bought I never got anything simply coz I hate chasing after mac le collex lol #weird#

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no interest in this collection from swatches I'd seen, but maybe you purchased different products, or your swatches are better - but I love everything! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daddy's Little Girl is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete