Monday, 25 February 2013

NARS Lip Lacquer in 'Chelsea Girls'


"Full-bodied texture and stay-in-place wear in NARS signature shades. Lips look luscious in shades for day or night in hues that are perfect alone or for pairing with other products." - Nars Cosmetics

I'm a NARS addict and 'Chelsea Girls' lip lacquer was the first ever thing I bought from NARS when I discovered the brand. Having reached the end of my little pot of cuteness and gorgeousness I repurchased it last week. Since I've started blogging I haven't actually shared it with you guys so a new pot was the perfect opportunity to share it with you!

François Nars gives his insight on this product: "I love the presence and shine the laquers give to the lips. They give the perfect amount of color with a sexy shine." I have to totally agree with him and the "unique texture prevents color from bleeding. Includes Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Avocado Oil, Sesame Seed Oil and Jojoba Seed Oil", - Nars Cosmetics.




Nars lip lacquers are housed in a frosted glass jar which is small like any other jar lip product. It has a screw top lid and is perfect sized to slip into your bag. My only hesitancy with this product is the fact that I have to stick fingers in it, but being the OCD kind of person I am I use a little lip brush. The colour however has been the main reason why I have loved this product so much and repurchased again.

Chelsea Girls is a nude pink shade with a slight milky appearance, but this sheers out to a lip gloss type look, but it is definitely thicker than a gloss and has more opaqueness. The neutral tone really looks gorgeous against my skin tone, on my bare lips it leans pink nude but differs slightly depending on your lip colour. It looks lovely on it's own or layered under or over a shade.

It's thick but when applying it softens out as you apply it, I don't find it to be too sticky but the element of it is apparent. This lip lacquer by Nars is so comfortable to wear and moisturising and this tends to be my go to shade if I want less coverage than a lipstick but more than a gloss. I also love pairing it with MAC's lipglass in 'Boy Bait', this combination gives me a lovely nude lip.


This smells pretty plain, the pigmentation is brilliant, it works well with or without products, lasts a few hours on the lips - I'd say max 2-3 without eating and drinking, but it looks damn pretty and is a great nude! I love it to bits and highly recommend it if you'd like a different kind of lip product.

Has anyone else tried the lip lacquers? I've got my eye on two other pretty colours!


Dyno x

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty shade hun, love nars too hav wanted hot wired for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, yeh I wanna add a few more! xx

      Delete