Monday, 7 January 2013

The Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Care SPF 15


"This moisturising lip balm soothes and protects lips from the drying effects of the sun, wind and cold weather. Hydrates and protects. Soothes dry lips. With SPF 15." - The Body Shop.

I picked up this lip balm on a random trip to The Body Shop. I'd forgotten to put a lip balm in my bag and so needed to buy one. I just grabbed the nearest thing to a chap stick to do the job for a few hours. To my surprise this stuff is awesome! I'm a firm lover and loyal fan of Kiehls Lip Balm reviewed here and Baume De La Mer reviewed here, so for me to take a huge fancy to another lip balm is rare - I love collecting them but for real benefits and effective care of my lips hands down Kiehls and Baume De La Mer!

The Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Care is excellent, it hydrates, my lips feel soft and the best thing is there's no white cast left after a few hours of being worn. It's not at all sticky or glossy and really demonstrates the real meaning of a balm formula - it's not too soft and not to hard, applies straight from the tube smoothly without any pressure. I tell you one thing, throw that Vaseline tin in the bin because not only does this stuff work, it's cheap, effective and comes in a tube so no need to stick your fingers in it!

While I can't comment on how it works for cracked, split or cut lips as I don't have these problems, I did notice whenever my lips felt overly dehydrated/dry/sore; I used this and the sensations went away immediately  My lips feel smoother when I apply this. Having read some reviews I've found positive reviews and praise for this little chap. It's colour-less and odour-less too.

I like to use my Kiehls lip balm throughout the day, my Baume De La Mer as a night treatment, and this Vitamin E Lip Care is the perfect one to wear under lipstick - especially matte lipsticks. I hate it when I apply lip balm and the shine of them translates through a matte lipstick taking the matte affect away slightly.   

I love this little bad boy, highly recommend it if your looking for something new! It's £4.00 available at The Body Shop

Dyno x

2 comments:

  1. I don't currently own any Body Shop products but they always seem so nice! I am in definite need of something like this because my lips always get chapped this time of year!

    giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is quite nice Katie I really liked it alot xx

      Delete