Monday, 7 January 2013

Ralph Lauren The Big Pony Collection For Women No.4


Ralph Lauren The Big Pony Collection for Women is a new addition of fragrances; well, released half way through last year it is fairly recent. The collection sees the release of 4 perfumes known and named as No.1 'Sporty', No.2 'Sensual', No.3 'Free Spirited' and No.4 'Stylish'. Here's some details on each of the ones available from this collection. My personal choice was No.4

"Scent is an accessory for all of the roles a woman plays. The Big Pony Collection for Women explores 4 of her vital attributes; Sporty, Sensual, Free-Spirited and Stylish. Today’s woman should have a fragrance wardrobe to match her multitude of passions and achievements. She coordinates her fashion according to mood and occasion; now she can choose a scent to complement her every desire.

All 4 colourful fragrances are bright, playful and energizing, and set upon a floral backdrop, yet each expresses a clear point of view. Based on a duo of ingredients, each fragrance pops with a unique accent of citrus, fruit, green or oriental to establish a clear identity with a distinctive twist.


(click on the images to enlarge)

"No.4 - The Stylish Fragrance: Edgy and refined, with a flair for the exotic, this oriental floral scent contains key ingredients of wild cherry and purple amber. Designed for the stylish woman, she catches the eye and imagination of anyone who crosses her path. This purple bottle features a pink oversized polo pony opposite a striking yellow number 4." - Ralph Lauren. 
No.4 suits my style and personality when I chose the scent!

This is a 50ml Eau De Toilette, but I must say the fragrance lingers for many hours, my cardigan the next day still smelt sweet of this perfume. At first I really liked the scent - last few days I've found it a little too strong for my senses but I definitely blame this on the cold I have right now. I'm sure once my smelling senses are a little less sensitive I will fully enjoy the fragrance - (don't be put off as there are the other three still to choose from, you may even fine this one quite nice - sniff away first my dear).

There's definitely a cherry scent going on here and I didn't think I would like it but when I sniffed it I kind of did, I've got a love/hate relationship with it as it can be a little overpowering and sickly sweet. But being a fan of Viktor & Rolf Flower Bomb, Juicy Couture and Jimmy Choo this is definitely the closest out the four available to that category of scents. Once it mellows down it's really nice, and I definitely would suggest taking it easy with the spritz so not to over do it.

The body lotion is 200ml and is a light texture, not so sticky and is actually really pleasant to use. I used it on my arms only and the scent is lovely, little sniffs of my arm throughout the day gave me a whiff of sweets and you can sense the purple amber in it and less of the cherry.



This is one of those perfumes for someone in their twenty's, it's a nice addition to anything else I have in my collection and great for on the go's really. However saying that I wouldn't purchase it at full price in any circumstance as it's not exactly spectacular (there are much nicer perfumes at that price), but I would re-purchase again only if it went in the sale and I fancied it again. 

I'm replenishing my perfumes as they are running out and some have completely been finished - so while I got this gift set in the sale for £19.99 from here, it's quite the bargain considering the individual perfume of 50ml is still retailing for £35.00 here and you get the huge sized body lotion too which is quite a nice valuable little perk. A nice update for my perfume collection and an extra scent to choose from!

Has anyone else tried The Big Pony Collection for Women?

(Don't forget to enter the giveaway for a chance to win some beauty goodies!!! Link Here)

Dyno x

2 comments:

  1. I love my Ralph Lauren's Ralph perfume, I have the others as well, but nothing beats Ralph. However I do like 'Cool', sadly they don't make it anymore. I have been dying to try these out. I was waiting for the female version to come out when I saw the male version first. I think I want these just to have them, therefore I want the lil mini sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh they do have some lovely scents - my all time classic scent from them is the Ralph Lauren 'Romance' such a classy fragrance! I love it. Oh the mini sets sound good - nice way to try them all really! The bottles are so cute too! xx

      Delete