Friday, 16 November 2012

Skin Drink: Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase


"Intensive, moisture-replenishing care. As invisible as it is comfortable, this bi-phase serum acts at all levels of the skin to help restore the skin's natural hydration mechanisms. It replenishes very thirsty skin and promotes soft, comfortable, radiant and matte skin." - Clarins.

I'm a firm believer of taking all measures to look after your skin, but firstly I believe the only way your mind, body and skin will stay healthy and hydrated is by drinking plenty of water! I then second in command believe my skin stays even more hydrated, supple and soft thanks to this serum from Clarins - HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase.

It contains: 
Hyaluronic acid: helps restore the skin's moisture.
Katafray extract: helps reinforce the skin's surface barrier effect and helps prevent dehydration. 
Sorbier bud extract: reinforces skin hydration and radiance. 
Inca peanut extract: helps restore the hydrolipidic film. 
Chondrus crispus extract (red algae): helps stimulate skin's natural moisturisation process.

I apply it after cleansing my face in the morning before my moisturizer, you can use it at night but I prefer to use a repair/radiance serum for their recovery properties at night. During the day this is a perfect serum to keep my skin protected and hydrated through out the day. My skin drinks it up and immediately any tight, dry, dehydrated feeling disappears. It's an instant working product and I credit the serum for the healthy condition and hydration it gives my skin. I have never felt the need for extra hydration later during the day, it's an all rounder all day working kind of product for hydration!

After all at home we stay all cosy with the heating on, step out where it's super cold, or into the office where there is that awful air conditioning! It can wreak havoc on our skin!

So I highly recommend this serum, I've been using it for two years now and continue to repurchase time after time! The serum is also one of the reasons I happily go without wearing makeup because my skin looks soft, supple and feels comfortable . As a note, it doesn't have any complexion repairing/improving remedies but it's simply and perfectly providing the right amount of moisture and hydration - one of the important factors I believe in maintaining great skin before anything else.

Available here.

Dyno x

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I'm looking to purchase it after using samples I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the hydraquench range!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win some xmas goodies from lush! click here!

    ReplyDelete