Saturday, 3 November 2012

MAC Pro Palette Large & Pro Palette Eyeshadow x 15


"A single-sided Pro Palette that accommodates one insert. See-through lid lets you view shade choices while keeping product secure and protected during transit and storage. High quality, glossy black plastic." - MAC.

"Designed to take 15 Eye Shadows of your choice. A backstage or on-location essential for artists, and those who want to personalize their shade palette. Fits perfectly into the Duo or Single Pro Palette Large." - MAC.


Ok so I needed to get another Pro Palette for my refill pan eyeshadows. Only to find they are supposedly 'new' and 'improved', so while the new clear window is handy to see what colours are in your collection, the palette feels alot more weighty. A cool aspect though is that if you decide not to use the x15 insert you can store 24 single refill eyeshadows straight into the palette. You can also use the x6 blush insert.

My only annoyance is I have previous palettes that don't have the clear window and as I'm the kind of person who likes things the same this looks totally different! Not a big deal I guess but what really bothers me and is so cheeky of MAC is the price for this thing - £14.00 for just the palette and an extra £6.50 for the x15 insert - doing the maths that's £20.50 for an empty palette!

To me that is a real rip off, I'm not one to fuss over spending money since I work hard to earn it and deserve to spend it how I want but when I spent my hard earned cash that day on a palette that still needs half filling I was shocked. I wasn't expecting such a price hike for a palette. Worse thing is I don't have an option, if  I want a MAC palette this is my only choice as they have phased out the older version. I'll be checking as many MAC stores as I can to grab a few old ones which include the insert for a better price.

Sadly the old palettes have gained a price hike on eBay too I guess due to the fact that people or collectors like myself want to keep everything in sync. While I love MAC I think I will be converting to Inglot for their palettes and generous choice and quality of colours also. I may add one more new MAC palette so my collection looks a bit equal but it won't be quite soon.

Apart from the price I do really like the palette, it looks clean, organised and easy to see the colours.
Apparently this large palette comes in 'Duo' to store two inserts x12 blush or x24 eyeshadows but only available at Pro Stores.


Dyno x

8 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. I do like the clear palettes, but I have four full blush palettes and nine eyeshadow palettes and I also like for my things to be uniform. I also feel trapped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh really annoying and trappy of them lol xxx

      Delete
  2. So glad I saw this post! I was so annoyed when I went to buy a new palette to find that they have changed the design. I'm really not a big fan of it, especially as it's costing a lot more! Thumbs down to MAC. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, I was annoyed because I have a collection of the old ones and being the OCD and matchy matchy kind of person I am this new one looks odd in my collection - booo! xxx

      Delete
  3. I have a question. It is not problem for you, that palette is transparent now? It is not scratched?
    Sorry for my english :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for your question, Yes the palette is transparent now, if you don't take care of it yes it does get scratched a little. :)

      Delete
  4. omg im so glad I came across this!I just ordered the insert thinking that was the FULL palette (inc case) so Ive just had to go order the other part.. very sneaky mac :( lol xxx

    ReplyDelete