Saturday, 3 November 2012

MAC Glamour Daze: Holiday Colour Haul


"The glamour of getting ready to step out for the holidays. Sweet to sexy, lips to nails. Every angle, every detail obsessed over. An unforgettable look emerges in a cool cloud of pale pink edged with smoky grey - the shimmer of a festive finishing touch. One last glance and you're out the door. Limited edition."

A really small haul for me this time from MAC, They're Glamour Daze collection launched this week and while there was plenty of pretty items from the Glamour Daze launch,  in particular I only fancied two items quite a bit - Powder blush in 'Small Vanity' and Cremesheen lipstick in 'Outrageously Fun'. 



MAC Glamour Daze Powder Blush in 'Small Vanity'
Is described by MAC as a 'Dusty Rose Tan' and I think it is exactly the right phrase for description. It's not one I'd pass as a bronzer but it definitely is a neutral blush. It's a lovely colour for any skintone really and this particular satin formula can be built up as desired. On my NC42/43.5 skintone this leans towards a rose tan colour and compliments my makeup looks really nicely.

In comparison to some other neutral blushes such as: 'Gingerly'- which is more orange tinged, 'Mocha' - is completely rosey pink, 'Coppertone' - is also more brown orange, 'The Perfect Cheek' - is a lot lighter and more beige. 'Small Vanity' is quite different and something I don't have in my collection, in-store I swatched it next to 'Blush Baby' and they are quite close so as I don't own 'Blush Baby' I added this instead to my kit.



MAC Glamour Daze Cremesheen Lipstick in 'Outrageously Fun'
Is described by MAC as a 'Midtone Magenta Violet', on me it leans quite pink with a tinge of violet; compared to some of the pinks I own this one is different. I swatched it next to 'Up the Amp' and while they are close 'Outrageously Fun' is less purple and more blue toned pink. 'Up the Amp' in my opinion is alot more bold and violet. For me 'Outrageously Fun' is a great stepping stone to start off with before venturing out into the world of purple toned lipsticks, after trying this one I'm looking forward to trying out 'Up the Amp'.

'Outrageously Fun' is a Cremesheen formula and one of my favorites, It's very creamy and moisturizing, the colour is opaque but can also be worn quite sheer with one swipe of colour. It's fair to say I'm loving the whole idea of magenta coloured makeup!



Below is swatches of 'Small Vanity' blush and 'Outrageously Fun' lipstick.



Has anyone checked out MAC Glamour Daze?

Dyno x

4 comments:

  1. Ooohh I love those colors! Very pretty pinks :)

    Rosie xo
    gorgeouslyglowingmakeupblog.com

    ReplyDelete