Saturday, 13 October 2012

MAC By Request Lipsticks


"You voted. We answered. Your long-lost favourite Lipsticks, Lipglass and Eye Shadows are back, exclusively online, for a limited time. From the soft sheen of Moth Brown to the neon pink of Candy Yum-Yum, get them while you can." - MAC.

I knew the only things I wanted from this collection were two lipsticks. A total of nine products were chosen as winners -3 lipsticks, 3 lipglosses and 3 eyeshadows. All which are great but I only really wanted and needed the lipsticks. 

MAC By Request is an online only exclusive launch and I picked up my holy grail most favourite pink lipstick in 'Candy Yum Yum' and a new addition to my collection 'Moxie'.



You can read my post here on a 'Candy Yum Yum' dupe, I already own 'Candy Yum Yum' from the Quite Cute Collection - I bought two at the time and use it so sparingly that I haven't even touched the second back up tube because I love it so much! Mind you it's not an everyday lipstick and I mostly wear it in summer as it's quite literally the most neon pink lipstick you could wear and looks stunning with a tan! I purchased two more back ups of this with By Request. I never previously got to try 'Moxie' and being a avid lover of matte formulas and bright red/pink lipsticks I ordered two of these blindly!


'Candy Yum Yum' is described by MAC as a 'Neon Pink' and 'Moxie' is described as a 'Bright Pink'. Both are gorgeous and I was so happy when 'Candy Yum Yum' was brought back even for a limited time. I'm even more pleased with 'Moxie' it's such a bright yet classy looking pink with red tones and the matte look to it - oh my god - it's out of this world! I have just ordered another 'Moxie' and am waiting for it to arrive so I have good back ups of it taking it to a total of 3 'Moxie' lipsticks!


If your into bright pink lipsticks definitely check these two out - 'Candy Yum Yum' in particular fetched seriously high and ridiculous bids on ebay when it sold out in MAC stores and I can see why. 'Moxie' too has been an absolute favourite from sources I read online and given by the votings results I also can see why! Below I swatched them next to each other, you can see they look so different!


Above I've done some comparison swatches - 'Candy Yum Yum' is just so different it's literally impossible to dupe from anything else available at MAC. 'Moxie' seems like it's easily dupable; 'Fusion Pink' and 'Impassioned' come to mind, I have 'Fusion Pink' and it definitely leans more red. I don't have Impassioned but I swatched it in store and it is a dupe but due to it's Amplified Cream finish I think it changes the way the lipstick looks. MAC 'Girl About Town' is more magenta and  'Gulabi' by MAC from the Mickey Contractor Collection is also a dupe but again the formula makes it look more creamy plus it's limited edition so no chance of finding this one!

Overall I'm super duper happy with my new lipsticks, 'Candy Yum Yum' has always been a holy grail since I first set eyes on it and 'Moxie' is an even more gorgeous matte pink lipstick in my collection! Although both have matte formulas they don't feel dry and are comfortable to wear! Total love and I highly recommend these if you can grab them before they disappear again!


Dyno x

2 comments:

  1. Candy Yum Yum looks amazing! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh it's my most favorite lipstick in the world! xx

      Delete