Sunday, 7 October 2012

Lush Volcano Foot Mask Review


"Make your feet feel a million dollars! A zingy, ice cool, mint mask for when you feel like you cant go one step further. Our product inventors have done some fancy footwork here. This formula gets to the root of things that cause unsightly, sore feet." -Lush.

First let me just say I don't have unsightly feet, my encounter with a homeless man in San Francisco made me realise and appreciate that I really do take good care of my feet - he said I had 'nice toes and great looking feet', they were well groomed and pedicured but I was wearing sheer tights! If he could see through those at how nice they were then they must look super cute out in sandals lol.

Anyway I decided to take my foot pedicure regimen to another level by introducing a foot mask. Behold the Lush Volcano Foot Mask...



Lush Product Story:
"Kaolin cleans and repairs. Pumice helps you to rub away dead skin. Papaya has an enzyme that digests dead skin and loosens it for removal. Tomatoes are deodorising and cooling. Menthol, lemon and cinnamon stimulate circulation and give a very cool feel to the skin's surface. 

All that is cleverly blended together to create a mask you can use regularly to keep on top of dry feet that tend to split, tired hot feet that have been standing all day and feet that have been shut up in shoes and need to breathe and cool – leaving you ready to step out in style."

The Product Itself:
Definitely is like a volcanic mask it kind of reminds me of clay smooth but slightly gritty. The smell is definitely like vegetables, I don't like it - there is way too much tomato going on in this tub. I wish it was more minty smelling than tomatoes or even more like cinnamon. But anyway once you get past the smell the other ingredients kind of get a whiff through. It applies wet and dries to a normal mask with a stiff feeling. It does have a tingling sensation to it whilst cooling, I like the circulation feeling I get in my toes after using it as I naturally have cold feet and this mask does stimulate sensations in my toes.

Application:
I first soaked my feet in The Body Shop Peppermint Reviving Foot Soak for a couple of minutes, I then used The Body Shop Peppermint Soothing Foot Scrub rinsed my feet and patted them dry. I then applied and smothered this Lush Volcano Foot Mask all over massaging it in as it's all applied. I then wrap my feet in plastic socks and leave it on to dry for ten minutes. After the time is up I rub the mask to create a cleansing feeling. Finally just wash it all off.

Thoughts:
This mask does make my feet feel soft and smooth after use and I like the refreshing and super clean feeling my feet get. I have to be honest I really dislike the smell but apart from this it's a great reviving mask for your feet. The mask does give you a 'new feet' kind of appearance as they look and feel so well groomed and taken care of and very refreshed. The mask does help take the day off your feet! It does need topping off with a thick layer of foot cream for moisturisation such as Clarins Foot Beauty Treatment, L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream or The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Lotion/Intensive Foot Rescue (I alternate between these products).



Overall:
I would happily repurchase this mask and recommend it if your after a caring and improving the condition of your feet treatment. As I take regular care of my feet it means that what this mask is set out to do doesn't yield those kind of results for me, the description is to remove dry/dead skin and repair your feet - because I don't have these issues/concerns I can't comment from this aspect. For me it works great as a occasional treat; it gives me even more softer feet which are refreshed and revived from this treatment as opposed to improving the overall condition. So I'm sure it will do the same for you at least!

The mask isn't a must have in my routine but it's great either way. The only issue I have is the smell it just gets to my nose and head lol - I also suggest staying in the bathroom and making it a relaxing environment because there's not much manoeuvring when your feet are covered in this stuff! Stay close to a bath tub/shower but get comfy and enjoy the mask!

Dyno x

5 comments:

  1. Hi, great review :) Which foot cream would you recommend from the ones you've tried? I have the Body Shop one but I'm thinking of trying something new once I run out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fifi, my most favourite foot cream without a doubt is the L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream, you'll love it! x

      Delete
  2. thanks hun! i'll have a look at it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the review! I just received a sample and wasn't sure how to use it... hehe~

    ReplyDelete