Saturday, 20 October 2012

Benefit Sun Beam Golden Bronze Complexion Highlighter


I got this cute sized Benefit product with InStyle's magazine, I think there were three products to collect this month: Benefit 'Benetint', 'Cha Cha Tint' and 'Sun Beam'. I already have 'Benetint', wasn't so interested in 'Cha Cha Tint' so had my eyes set on 'Sun Beam' highlighter. I already own 'High Beam' - a silvery pink highlighter so this new addition from Benefit included in a magazine was a great way to add it to my collection. 

Described as a "golden bronze highlighter gives you a natural, sunkissed radiance. Dot & blend over makeup on to cheek & brow bones for a bronzed glow that complements all skintones. It’s liquid sunshine in a bottle!" - Benefit.




I'm definitely more a of powder highlighters kind of girl but I'm definitely open to the liquid highlighter alternatives. Benefit Sun Beam is "like a warm ray of light...this golden bronze highlighter gives you a natural-looking, sunkissed radiance" and I have to agree it's a beautiful glow on my naturally tanned golden skin tone, for reference I am a NC42/43.5 depending on seasons and this complexion highlighter looks gorgeous on top of my cheek bones. 



The colour is not at all glittery, completely smooth in formula but has a lovely shimmer to it that once blended on the skin gives a light reflective sheen. I love the yellow tone to the golden highlighter rather than a bronzed orange as it makes the highlight so much more natural and glowwy looking. I love pairing it with a coral/orange blush and lips- the three together are a perfect combination.

The formula is not runny but applies thick so the key here really is a small amount and blend in! I don't 'dot' this on directly to my face but on the back of my hands and use a separate brush to pick up the product and apply where I want it - this just makes application for me more controlled and easier to blend out without wasting the product.

If you have a pale complexion you may find this a little over the top as a eyebrow highlight, but for on the cheeks it's subtle and still perfect for all complexions. On me as a eyebrow highlight if I pair it with black smokey eyes it looks stunning and transforms my look.


A few times I've mixed the tiniest amount of this with my foundation and it gives me a lovely all over glow. So it definitely makes 'Sun Beam' a versatile product. I would happily buy a full size of this but for now the small complimentary size is more than enough to give me plenty of uses!

If your considering purchasing this from Benefit I wouldn't hesitate to purchase the full size, it's a lovely highlighter and perfect to have in your handbag due to it's size rather than carrying a compact. It's definitely a summer staple but there's no harm in having that glow all year round!

Dyno x

1 comment:

  1. I have some of Benefit's things and I think I'm more in love with their packaging than anything else! I used to have high beam and lost it, so I might need to try this one. I love that their products give a glowey effect!
    xo, Katie

    ReplyDelete