Tuesday, 25 September 2012

The Body Shop - Vineyard Peach Collection


"Bring the scent of the mediterranean to your skin with our fruity pick of the season. Contains wild peach extract and mediterranean peach kernel oil." - The Body Shop.

After reading several blogger posts on this upcoming limited edition Vineyard Peach Scented Collection at The Body Shop I was curious to try them out. I like a peach scent as long as it's not too synthetic and luckily this one is very natural and true as a peach scent could get. And so this week on Monday The Body Shop stores stocked their shelves finally for the general public.


Vineyard Peach Body Butter
"This special-edition Body Butter smells like freshly picked peaches and leaves skin feeling peachy-soft for up to 24 hours."
  • 24-hour hydration
  • Leaves skin feeling softer and smoother
  • Buttery texture
  • Quickly absorbed
  • Delicate peach scent

I haven't purchased a body butter in about 6 years since discovering Victoria's Secret range, I just adore their products and am a die hard fan. Luckily for me their products don't irritate my few patches of eczema. But this peach scent offered at the Body Shop made me want to rediscover the body butters. Body Butters are like a desert yoghurt and this peach body butter is literally like sniffing a kids Petit Filous (childhood memories - Sigh*)They are so simple to use and massaged into the skin they are absorbed almost instantly. They kind of melt with the warmth of your skin leaving it super soft and the smell? Oh my so divine! It lingers for ages! I picked up four body butters in the Vineyard Peach as a stock up because they are limited editon!


Vineyard Peach Shower Gel
"This soap-free shower gel smells like freshly picked peaches and leaves skin feeling peachy-soft."
  • Soap free
  • Lather rich
  • Delicate peach scent

My regular shower gels are Johnsons Baby Bath products. They are mild and delicate on the skin and suitable for sensitive skin, so the Body Shop one is a new addition to my collection. I only picked up one shower gel to try out and so far so good no irritated skin, I smelt like a right peach after using it! It goes so well with the body butter applied over it makes the scent linger for the whole day!!! I also spritzed my Victorias Secret Mango & Coconut fragrance mists all over and both scents really complimented each other - very fruity indeed! I do like the shower gel for occasional use but it's not something I'll be repurchasing because I prefer my other alternatives - this by no means affects the product in any way it's just my personal choice.


Available in this collection is also a Vineyard Peach scented Body Lotion and Body Scrub, I skipped the lotion because I like the thickness and formula of body butters and the scrub I skipped because I'll be sticking to my trusty Clarins Bamboo Body Scrub and Victorias Secret Mango Body Scrub.

I'm enjoying using these new scented products, I love that the body butters are not sticky at all or uncomfortable yet very moisturising. However I am sniffing these so much to the point I felt sick LOL! Better stop because I have 4 tubs to get through! Have you tried these?

Dyno x

3 comments: