Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Smashbox Bronze Lights Skin Perfecting Bronzer in Suntan Matte - Review


Smashbox Bronze Lights Skin Perfecting Bronzer in 'Suntan Matte' is my latest bronzer purchase. 
I think Debenhams used to sell a few bits from the Smashbox range but they discontinued for some strange reason. So I would usually make a list of the things I wanted and wait till I got myself to a Sephora in the US.

I think like me you will be pleased to know that now across many large Boots stores Smashbox have opened counters.Now although you can buy online direct I think it's great to be able to go to a counter and test things out in person rather than guess work online! Last Friday I attended their Westfield Boots Store launch for Smashbox and came away with a purchase of their matte bronzer.

Smashbox have two pressed matte bronzers: 'Sunkissed Matte' - a Soft Bronze & 'Suntan Matte' - a Deep Bronze. Now to some people it's kind of a bummer there are only two shades available for a bronzer, Sunkissed Matte being way too light for my nc42/43.5 skintone. However Suntan Matte is a gorgeous combination on my skintone, it works nicely as a subtle contour but used for an all over summer glow it's gorgeous!


Thoughts
The best thing about this bronzer is that it's completely matte - no glitter, shimmer or sheen whatsoever! I think it's so hard to find a true matte bronzer nowadays don't you agree? It's a finely milled soft powder and although pressed when you swirl your brush into it, enough bronzer is deposited onto your brush without extra effort, while at the same time bronzer isn't heavily applied if you use a light hand when it comes into contact with the skin - it can easily be built up to the desired effect. This bronzer is so easy to buff  in and blend out. 

Comparisons
I think some may want to compare this with Benefit Hoola bronzer which is also matte, Hoola in my opinion lacks the warmth you want for a warm summer glow and against my skintone I see more brown tones in it. That's not a bad thing but to warm up my complexion Smashbox Suntan Matte works the best because although there is a slight orange tinge to it, it is by no means tango looking. It's more enhancing and like I've been on holiday in the sun. In comparison to general bronzers; high end and drugstore this is definitely less orange and red but more of a golden bronzer!

Application
"Apply to cheeks, temples, nose, or anywhere you want a boost of color with FACE & CHEEK #2 or FAN BRUSH #22. Because it is a matte formula, you can use BRONZE LIGHTS to contour by sweeping bronzer under cheekbones, jawline, and along the inner bridge of the nose for a slimming effect."

Packaging and Price
The bronzer comes in a golden/orange metal case compact almost like a flat tin with a screw lid. There's 8.5g of product and is priced at £23.00.



This bronzer is one of makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic's favourite bronzing product to use on his clients and I can see why - it's such an amazing warm coloured bronzer, best of all it's matte - if used with a light hand it looks beautiful! I'm super happy to have added it to my collection!

Dyno x

No comments:

Post a Comment