Thursday, 20 September 2012

Rimmel Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder Transpare


"Pure and shine-free finish for up to 5 hours. Clarifies skin thanks to PureSkin TM complex known to minimize skin breakouts. Controls shine and mattifies skin. Keep clear. Dermatologically tested." - Rimmel.

This powder is suppose to give you clarified and matte skin avoiding shine for a couple of hours, containing natural minerals to assist in minimizing breakouts.

I purchased this after seeing it on Tali's blog, she used it to set her Touche Eclat foundation on the go so I was intrigued to try it out. I like products that work nicely for on the go and if they look and photograph beautifully (like on Tali) it's even more of a bonus! 

I have clear skin which behaves itself and really only need to ever touch up my t-zone area where it gets oily, however I was after a matte transparent setting powder and this one is great. 


Packaging:
Rimmel Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder Transparent is housed in a simple Tiffany Blue coloured round compact. It has a transparent plastic lid which is probably very easy to crack if dropped or handled roughly. It's not great packaging in my opinion as the lid seems like it can just come off, but I don't mind now so long as the product performs. 

Product:
The powder is pretty typical and basic, pressed, looks quite fine in texture and when swatched it gives you a light chalky almost nude colour but is a fine looking powder. If you dip a round fluffy powder brush into it you can see the powder dusting on it but once applied to the skin the powder literally melts into the face and blends to mattify your look without any colour - totally transparent and none cakey. It immediately looks smooth and matte on my skin and doesn't make me look ashy.

Price & Weight:
Rimmel Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder Transparent comes in just the one Transparent colour and is priced at £3.99 for 16grams of product. If your looking for a great, cheaper alternative to MAC's Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (6.3grams at £19.50) this is your new buddy. 

(Above left swatched, Right blended)

Overall
This is my first ever powder from a drugstore brand - Rimmel. I have never before this tried a drugstore powder or foundation so I'm really pleased to have now liked this Transparent powder. It's nice for touch ups and something I won't hesitate buying again. My only gripe is I wish the compact was more sturdy - but hey you win some you lose some, for the price the quality of the compact is justified.

The price is brilliant for a great working powder but the main thing is that it stays matte for five plus hours on me as I don't have very oily skin just slight; so I really appreciate the wear time I'm getting. It feels so comfortable and light to wear and I love that it doesn't leave a white cast on my NC42/43.5 skintone; I used it all over below and it's fast becoming my setting powder everyday this week since I got it. The final pointer being that it hasn't broken me out! Yayy for this powder!


Dyno x

No comments:

Post a Comment