Sunday, 16 September 2012

Rimmel 128 'Starry Eyed' Lipstick Review


Rimmel 128 'Starry Eyed' lasting finish lipstick is one I bought on recommendation. I rarely buy drug store lipsticks but when there's a good find it's generally from the direction of my cousin. She was wearing this against her NC25 complexion - it looked so good so I had to try it for myself!

Rimmel describes this as: "Up to 8 hours wear, Colour that turns heads! Lasting Finish Lipstick is the beauty equivalent of the little black dress. The iconic, timelessly stylish staple you turn to when you need to look your best.Its improved formula with Colour Protect technology will provide an intense long lasting colour for up to 8 hours and +25% colour impact on your lips! Smooth creamy texture for comfortable wear all day long and an easy application."


I'm getting quite into the whole burgundy/wine/red shades for Fall 2012 Autumn/Winter and I think this colour in particular is a great transition for my makeup up looks. I have a few deep colours of lipsticks in mind to check out in MAC but this is a nice cheaper alternative to be totally sure I want to wear and pull it off.

Colour
'Starry Eyed' is a lovely true berry coloured kind of burgundy but I almost see a brown/plum kind of tone to it. It's kind of hard to describe - sometimes it even pulls off as maroon!

Application
This lipstick applies smoothly onto the lips and is quite pigmented on the first layer but it's buildable and for the kind of heavy coverage I wanted it needs 3-4 layers at least before it reaches full opaqueness.

Formula
The lipstick formula is smooth, creamy and very comfortable to wear. 

Lasting Power
Rimmel claims the lipstick wears for upto 8 hours I got about 4-5 hours wear when it started to fade quite obviously, however it left behind a nice stain on my lips.


Overall
This is a really nice on the go lipstick, it's smooth on my lips, keeps them moisturised and there is absolutely no feeling of dryness on the lips after it wears off. However I do feel it lacks the intense pigmentation I'm after from this kind of colour. But I like it none the less, perhaps something deeper may not look as nice on me. I'm still on the hunt for a true cherry red colour but it's a brilliant buy either way!


Dyno x

4 comments:

  1. Looks so chic on you...watch out boys haha! I think you would love MAC Rebel Hun, it's so beautiful, a must buy for Autumn! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! LOL, I have rebel it's a great colour - but leans magenta on me so I'm venturing out for true burgundy! xxx

      Delete
  2. what a BEAUTIFUL shade.. so perfect for fall :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete