Sunday, 9 September 2012

MAC Styleseeker Collection Haul - Review, Swatches & Photos


MAC Styleseeker - "Fall colour surfaces in a vivid colour collection influenced by the spirit and style of a global wanderer. She has a knack for juxtaposing vintage, ethnic, flea market and avant-garde into stunning original looks, inspiring a world of wanderlust as eclectic and fashionable as she is."

In all fairness visually this collection is pretty but for me it wasn't really exciting and original. I only seriously fell in love with one blusher from this collection and a mattene lipstick which is a repromote I wanted to get my hands on.

I picked the blusher 'Hidden Treasure' and mattene lipstick in 'Eden Rouge. I love me a good deep coloured blush for autumn/winter and I have a big weakness for red lipsticks!



Hidden Treasure Blush - is described as a 'Rich burnt red' so while I was expecting a red plum coloured kind of colour based on the promo pictures it's more of a rich coral red with a orange undertone.

I kind of saw a resemblance of 'Hidden Treasure' to one of my favourite blushes from MAC in 'Frankly Scarlet' but they are really different, 'Frankly Scarlet' is a really red blusher with a pink undertone. While I don't love 'Hidden Treasure' as much as 'Frankly Scarlet' it's definitely something different in my collection when it comes to red blushes. 

Some other comparisons happen to be NARS Blush in 'Exhibit A' - which is more similar to 'Hidden Treasure' but slightly more redder, Sleek blush in 'Scandalous' is more pinker like 'Frankly Scarlet' and MAC Blush in 'Ring of Saturn' is present with the red undertone but actually totally different in my opinion because of the gold melange present in it.






Eden Rouge Mattene Lipstick - is described as a 'Bright blue red' "With its streamlined design, this new slimline lipcolour, features the traditional glamour properties of a matte lipstick – intense colour and semi-matte velvety finish – while offering a creamier, softer, more glide-on application. Non-caking, non drying. Moisturising and incredibly wearable yet absolutely matte."

Basically I have no reason justifying purchasing this lipstick, I wanted to try a mattene lipstick since I missed out before and the only colour I really fancied from this collection was the red - 'Eden Rouge'. It's actually a repromote from MAC's Posh Paradise collection. I've read great things about mattene lipsticks from MAC and alot of people have complained as to why these are not made permanent! I am yet to try this for it's weartime and formula so will report back on it!

I pulled out my other matte lipsticks and some comparisons I made are NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl which is a gorgeous pink red and one of my holy grail matte red lip colours from NARS, MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick which is another one of my holy grail lipsticks from MAC and the first lipstick I ever purchased from MAC - a perfect blue red, MAC Russian Red lipstick which is a deeper more intense blue red with a more moisturising and creamy sheen for a matte formula. 






Apart from these two items I didn't like anything else, for a fall collection I'm a little disappointed I really want to see some plums and pinks. With the whole ethnic vibe there's alot of orange and bronze going on  which to me is like a 'fail' summer collection. I hope something more extravagant and rich is released for fall now! What do you think?

Dyno x

No comments:

Post a Comment