Thursday, 6 September 2012

MAC Pro Sculpting Creams


The new MAC Face and Body Collection was released today here in the UK. In this collection three face products have been released along with two brushes: 
PRO SCULPTING CREAMS
PRESSED PIGMENTS
FACE AND BODY FOUNDATION 50ml
163 FLAT CONTOUR BRUSH
215 MEDIUM SHADER BRUSH
Apart from promo photos I couldn't find any real images of the Pro Sculpting Creams, that would help me select colours suitable to use against any skintone. So I went on a swatching mission today. For anyone who doesn't know what MAC Pro Sculpting creams are here's a description:

"A cream-to-powder formula for sculpting and shaping key features. Silky-smooth, easy-to-blend and neutrally-shaded. Apply where extra dimension is needed, eyelids included. Provides moist, skin-soothing, natural-looking sheer-to-medium buildable coverage." - MAC.

If your into contouring this is a product to check out! Two of the colours are permanent at all MAC Pro Stores, with the exception of 4 new limited edition colours. But for a limited time only they are available at all MAC stores. 


This is my first time trying a cream contouring product but I was definitely intrigued as these were one of the most raved about products at the A/W 2012 MAC Masterclass. I picked up only one Pro Sculpting Cream in: 'Pure Sculpture' which suited my NC42 skintone as a contour. Here are the colour selections available:

  • Accentuate - peachy beige
  • Naturally Defined - warm beige
  • Pure Sculpture - natural pink beige
  • Copper Beech - warm golden brown
  • Coffee Walnut - deep dirty, cool brown
  • Richly Honed - warm deep brown







 SWATCHED ON NC42 SKINTONE - Please bare in mind the underside of my arm is slightly lighter.

I am yet to try the Pro Sculpting Cream I purchased in 'Pure Sculpture'. I also purchased the 163 brush which seems really cool. So stay tuned for those images! Coming soon! This post was to help everyone get some idea of the colours selection! Hope it's helpful.

Dyno x

9 comments:

  1. Great swatches Dyno, I think I might need to check out Copper Beach! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I'm going back for Copper beech or Coffee Walnut tomorrow! Going to see how it looks on my face and get one of them as I'm quite impressed! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi! I just found your lovely blog, thanks sooo much for these swatches they are perfect for me because I am an NC 42/43 as well!! I just ordered the Pure Sculpture sculpting cream and the eyeshadow brush, am curious to know what you think of the other face brush, I decided to wait to see it in person next week when it launches here in the US. I can't wait to catch up on your older posts now! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for visiting! No problem about the swatches it was quite fun and interesting plus I was trying to match myself up with a good contour! Pure Sculpture is perfect, tomorrow I'm going to try out Copper Beech and Coffee Walnut on my face and see which I want to bring back home with me. The flat contour brush in my opinion is really well thought out, simple but the way it allows sharp contouring is brilliant and it's quite soft so it's easy to use the same brush to buff and blend. I definitely recommend it, once i'm sure I won't be purchasing anything else from this collection my haul post will be up with a full review! xxx

      Delete
  3. Pure sculpture... I think I may need this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. what two colors are still permanent at the Mac pro stores please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I am not sure you will have to check out a pro store

      Delete
  5. will they still have richly honed at their mac pro stores?

    ReplyDelete