Thursday, 6 September 2012

MAC Pressed Pigments


The new MAC Face and Body Collection was released today here in the UK. In this collection three face products have been released along with two brushes:
PRESSED PIGMENTS
PRO SCULPTING CREAMS
FACE AND BODY FOUNDATION 50ml. 
163 FLAT CONTOUR BRUSH
215 MEDIUM SHADER BRUSH

One new product is the PRESSED PIGMENTS, I didn't purchase any but as I put up a swatch post on the Pro Sculpting Creams here, I thought i'd share with you the Pressed Pigments. For anyone who doesn't know what Pressed Pigments are here's a description:

"An intensely creamy highlighter offering extreme pearlescence and versatility of finish.  Apply dry for a high shine, or on damp skin for a dramatic wet look. Provides eye-catching sheer-to-moderate buildable coverage and natural dimension finish." - MAC.


Personally speaking this product for me was a little bit of a let down hence why I never purchased any even after playing around with them in store. It's safe to say the SA's in my local MAC store agreed, why? There's just so much shimmer no tons of Glitter actually and that's just a makeup No No unless you want to look like a disco ball (each to their own). Or unless there is a professional at hand to apply, sort and watch to make sure it goes/stays on the face nicely.

They do in all honesty swatch beautifully which makes them all the more tempting but I just don't see myself using these regularly at all. Yes - if your in a photo shoot/model/wedding etc then for photographs this kind of product will look seriously gorgeous. 

For me at this point in my life where I'm not modelling or going to be in a wedding photo shoot they are not needed. And I don't plan on stocking up either way! To use on my eyes there would be way too much fall out and hard work - they are seriously glittery! But here's the colour selection incase your interested:

  • Light Touch - High pearl powder in W10 shade
  • Day Gleam - High pearl powder in NC30 shade
  • Warming Heart - High pearl powder in NW20 shade
  • Beaming - High pearl powder in NC50 shade
  • Spot Lit - High pearl powder in NW35 shade
  • Deeply Dashing - High pearl powder in NW55 shade









I don't quite understand the reference to the skintones MAC has paired/given with this product, I would have expected it for the Pro Sculpting Creams, but anyway I guess it's trying to pair a suitable highlight with a set of skin tones more specifically.

I do get seriously tempted to go back and purchase a Pressed Pigment but then I really convince myself I don't need them! If I find them at a discount or something like at a CCO then I will grab one or town. For now I'm skipping! The colour selection is probably easily dupable and I kind of see the colour palette of Urban Decay Naked 1 & 2 going on here. How about you? Tempted?

Dyno x

2 comments:

  1. Hmm these do look pretty but the glitter overload seems highly avoidable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are lovely but there's a 'BUT' each time I consider them! xxx

      Delete