Tuesday, 11 September 2012

MAC Middle Eastern Lipsticks Collection




"Lipsticks go lush in full-bodied shades inspired by the sultry tones of the Middle East. Be marvelous in Mehr’s rosy mauve, or for a more dramatic look, try Tabla for a rich chocolate brown. Yash is luxurious and chic in a soft sandy neutral and Double Shot promises to keep you savvy in chestnut." - MAC.

Do you remember the MAC Mickey Contractor Collection released back in spring 2011? There were two lipsticks released in that collection which I wanted so badly but was too late and they sold out. Well now and new for Fall 2012 the two lipsticks I missed out on - 'Yash' and 'Mehr' from the Mickey Contractor collection have been re-released along side two other new lipsticks 'Tabla' and 'Double Shot' as permanent's.  Yipppeeeeeee! I bought both of them!


MAC 'Mehr' Lipstick:
'Mehr' is described by MAC as a 'Dirty Blue Pink' no longer limited edition and a matte formula. I love matte formulas because I love the option of having two looks a matte or paired with a gloss on top - it completely changes the look on your lips. This one isn't drying on the lips and in particular this one feels very moisturising and creamy. It's one of those more natural looking pinks on my lips and for any of my Asian readers out there.. this is the must have pink lipstick that every Asian needs and wears for a Asian/Indian function lol! The blue undertone makes this a great colour for tan complexions like myself.





MAC 'Yash' Lipstick:
'Yash' is described by MAC as a 'Deep Neutral' no longer limited edition and a matte formula. I love matte formulas because as mentioned above I love the option of having two looks a matte or paired with a gloss on top - it completely changes the look on your lips. This one too isn't drying on the lips and also feels very moisturising and creamy. Now I'm one of those people who has a hard time finding a perfect nude lipstick without it looking like corpse lips and up-till now I found MAC 'Half n Half' to be my perfect nude; I thought that's it I found the one perfect nude, but I was so wrong because now I found an even better more truer nude, nude, nuder lol. The matte really makes this stand out on my lips, I like the lighter nude wash of colour this gives me without any peach, caramel or pink undertones when applied on my lips.





Both lipsticks wear for around 6-7 hours without budging much due to the matte formula. The texture and consistency compared to some other matte lipsticks from MAC is creamier and smoother with great colour pay off. Above both pictures is with one coat on my lips so definite potential to build up the colour as desired.

I'm super dooper happy with my two new lipsticks!!! I love the pink colour of 'Mehr', you can never have enough pink lipsticks and this one is nice especially with the matte look going on. 'Yash' has taken me by surprise it's officially my perfect nude lip it looks light and nude as you expect it to be but it's so natural and perfect against my skin tone, I'm looking forward to doing a heavy black smokey eye and this 'Yash' combo! 

And to top it all off I'm even more excited that these two shades have been made permanent. I wanted to back them up especially 'Yash' but stopped myself because they are permanent. I haven't seen them appear online just yet but any day now... I picked mine up at my local MAC though so they are appearing!

Dyno x

10 comments:

  1. I also missed these with the Mickey Contractor collection so super pleased they are now permanent! I ordered Yash but Mehr was sold out so will be picking it up in store. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm relieved to hear I wasn't the only one who missed out on the lippies, but glad someone can share the enthusiasm with me on a permanent basis lol! Yash is gorgeous and if you get Mehr in-store grab it quickly ! xxx

      Delete
  2. Did you try the other 2 lipsticks? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hun, Yes I tried Tabla but it's not flattering on me it looks like a mix of turmeric powder with brown, Double shot on the other hand looked really nice it's the perfect brown but they only had a tester for it should be coming in store soon they said. Will be getting it then xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that, need to go swatch Double Shot! p.s. Bought Mehr today :) xx

      Delete
    3. Aww excellent! Have you checked out the sculpting creams? I'm just finishing off a post on the two I bought should be up shortly xxx

      Delete
  3. LOVE the look of these on you! I think I may be getting both Yash and Mehr! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yash is the most perfect nude! I love it sooo much! x

      Delete
  4. i went to my local mac store and they dont have it yet... the girls were so confused =$ btw I'm from ny ... do you know if its been released to all mac stores?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I've noticed some MAC Stores here in the UK are still awaiting delivery. These are for sure permanent and will be released to all MAC stores, I'm not sure about delivery for the US stores but I do know that they should have been popping up at the beginning of September. They are available on the US MAC website.

      Delete