Thursday, 20 September 2012

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in #03 Medium


"For girls on the go, Lasting Perfection Concealer will take you from dawn to dusk and back again, with no need for reapplication.  The ultimate wear concealer promises to conceal flaws, imperfections and blemishes again, for up to 16 hours.  This skin perfecting, oil free product is also transfer proof and water resistant for full and long lasting coverage.  It provides beautiful, blemish-free skin for every waking hour.  Available in four shades Fair, Light, Medium and Deep". - Collection 2000.

I was doing my weekly check-up of Makeupalley and came across this concealer - 91 reviews with an average rating of 4.5 and repurchase rate of 92% - Woah interesting indeed. So with my Boots points in tow I purchased this concealer in the shade #03 Medium.

This concealer claims to be an ultimate wear concealer which hides flaws, imperfections and blemishes for upto 16 hours. It is transfer proof and water resisitant for full and long lasting coverage. It always bothers me when such claims are made and almost puts me off because sometimes products sound too good to be true.


However I'm really pleasantly surprised by Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer. But firstly here's an idea of what I usually use in terms of a concealer - Cle de Peau, reviewed here and the one and only concealer which has my most respect and loyalty over and over again for under my eyes! I also don't really need concealing anywhere else and until recently I got into the whole under eye highlighting and concealing for my makeup looks and so the hunt began for a liquid concealer. 

This is where Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer comes in. It's available in 4 shades to suit a minor variety of skintones in my opinion and I really think this issue of lack of colours needs to be addressed! After all there is so much makeup available on offer with many companies branching out with more colour options! Any hoo, I managed to get #03 Medium to work on me and here's what I think:

Packaging:
Collection 2000 offer cheaply priced makeup products. From reviews I've seen and read for their product ranges they sound ok. However the packaging is very simple, basic and cheap. A simple plastic tube with black writing and a lipgloss style wand with a sponge applicator. I can kind of see this applicator wand loosing it's shape and once the formula goes dry and icky the wand and product becoming unusable. Hence the product needs to be thrown out. The concealer product is easily visible through this tube as it's clear.

Application:
Dab onto imperfections and blemishes and blend well with fingertips or a small brush. I set it with a translucent powder.

Product & Wear:
When you twist the lid off the consistency of this concealer is thick and not as runny as I expected it to be. The texture is smooth and it goes onto the skin easily and once the product warms up onto the skin it becomes easily blendable. Under the eyes this concealer does an excellent job of covering the area, I don't have red marks or dark circles so I can't comment on how it covers them but from the coverage it's providing I'm quite sure it will conceal pretty well - It conceals my faint lines. I got about 12 hours wear from it and it still looked in great place.


Overall
As you can see from my swatch the concealer is a creamy and opaque looking. When I blend it turns into a matte looking base. I think more than concealing I like using this for the way it highlights and brightens my under eye area. I don't have much concealing issues for under the eyes but this definitely makes my eyes look brighter. I found myself feeling like something was missing when I didn't use it. Below I've provided a picture for when I wasn't wearing it and where I have so you can see the difference.

I'm very impressed with this concealer as for the price of £4.19 this is a real working bargain. It lasts for longer than a working day without creasing or settling in fine lines. It looks flawless and wherever I looked into a mirror I really liked how smooth and refreshing my under eyes looked. It doesn't even cake after a few hours. I definitely think with this product less is more and for any blemishes or scars this would cover nicely and evenly. For a cheap and under eye brightening concealer I would happily repurchase this Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer! It totally rocks and works!

(Above left: No concealer, Right: Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, Below: Closeup after 13 hours wear)

Dyno x

No comments:

Post a Comment