Saturday, 15 September 2012

Benefit They're Real! Mascara - Review


"they're real! lengthens, curls, volumises, lifts & separates. Our jet black, long-wearing formula won’t smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!" - Benefit.

What else you need to know:
"94% saw dramatic length & volume* 
90% saw base-to-tip curl* 
94% saw visible lift* 
100% saw long-wearing results*"
*Results observed in a consumer panel survey

I love a good mascara and one that gives me a falsh lash effect is a winner in my books! Benefit 'they're real' did just that, simply speaking it's my new favourite mascara that sits firmly next to my Lancome favourites.




Packaging:
'They're Real' mascara comes in a really simply designed black box but it's quite funky to look at with all the instructions and images of what to expect. For a box it's got some impressive amount of information and the look is nothing less you would expect from Benefit. The tube is a sleek gun metal grey shiny tube and a delight to look at and open. It reminds me of a longated version of a cocktail shaker!

Brush, Colour & Formula:
This is a black mascara with a typical mascara formula but not at all gloopy, it's slightly on the more wetter side. The brush is a straight comb look kind with carefully placed spikey bristles to catch every lash possible.

Application Instructions:
'Position wand horizontally & wiggle from side to side, base to tip, to achieve maximum volume, length & lift. Hold wand vertically & stroke upward to curl & separate. Layer generously as desired.'

Beauty Tip:
'Want a big, doe-eyed look? Fan corner lashes outward with the custom-domed tip. The precision bristles make it easy!'


On my lashes:
I applied three coats of this mascara in a 'blink, blink, roll and wiggle the wand motion' catching everyone of my short lashes and building layer by layer, allowing each application to dry before re-applying. 

Here it is on my lashes - the first picture is when I first applied the mascara and the second picture is after 9 hours wear with slight crumbling and fall out. The third picture was taken in the light of just a lamp with the flash of the camera phone and I like the look of my lashes when my eyes were dipped half closed, they photographed really nicely which for me makes the mascara on my lashes totally brilliant:





Benefit 'They're Real' mascara for me is a total hit, with alot of other ladies appreciating this mascara I have to agree it's pretty amazing. It gives me length, volume and curl with tremendous and very fuller lashes, what I love the most though is that to touch my lashes still feel soft and not hard like some mascaras turn your lashes into feeling quite stiff. It's comfortable to wear and you can control and build the intensity of layers you desire. I highly recommend this mascara and I will continue to repurchase!

Available at all Benefit Counters for £18.50.
Dyno x

4 comments: