Sunday, 2 September 2012

Back from a Long Week...


All this week I've been busy with a close friends wedding. It's been chaotic from Monday through to Saturday and I literally only came home at nights to sleep in my own bed! It's finally over and I'll be resuming  to normal blogging - woohoo!

I thought I'd start off by sharing with you two of my outfits from this week and two different makeup looks: 
  • A natural green gold eye look, bronzed skin and nude lips
  • A smokey blue eye with strong pink lips



I wore above first two photos a cream chiffon outfit with silver and green Swarovski embellished neck and back, the rest is pretty simple and elegant, finished off with a shiny silver border. Bracelets - mixed, Bag - Louis Vuitton Sobe Clutch, Shoes - Jimmy Choo.

Above third photo I wore another chiffon dress outfit in royal blue, embellished with only silver Swarovski crystals starting at the neckline and going all the way down, finished off with a silk thread embroidery border. Bracelets - mixed, Shoes - Dune. 



The look above I had my makeup up done at MAC, the first three pictures were taken at the end of the night 3am! The fourth photo was early in the day after having the makeup done. I was quite impressed at the sultry look I was given, a nice change from the rest of the week. My makeup artist used the new MAC Match Master Foundation in No. 6, it's a medium coverage which lets your skin peek through and that's what I was going for. 

I was wearing false lashes but I pulled them off as they were really uncomfortable throughout the evening. I also noticed a little bit of a rash develop on my forehead at the end of the night so I actually think that I am still not able to wear any MAC foundations or I probably ate something that had nuts in it lol. I will be grabbing a sample and trying it again at home for a few days because I did like the look of it and want to be sure my skin doesn't like it/reacts to it.

I also had my hair done at Rush - I wanted a full wavy blowdry but being short of time and blessed with heavy, thick and long hair, it was styled with GHD wide stylers to get me out on time, there was a lot of volume at the crown of my head and I think even after 11 hours it looked pretty good at the end of the night.




This other look above I did my own hair and makeup, I managed to snap these photos straight after getting ready. I went for quite a heavy look with this one; the highlight of the makeup being the eyeshadow and lipstick both by MAC- eyes in 'Atlantic Blue' and bright pinky red lipstick in 'Fusion Pink'. I also focused on a smokey look emphasizing the black liner on my water line. For my foundation I used my good old NARS Sheer Glow building up layers for full coverage and set this with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Deep, I also dusted over MUFE HD Powder.

I wasn't wearing any false lashes but used a mix of Benefit They're Real Mascara and Lancome Hypnose Stay Mascara - Lashings and layers of mascara over and over! My hair as kind of a messy look, straighter at the top with a little body and flicking out at the ends.



I had a chance to shop just yesterday at MAC when I had the hair and makeup done and I picked up my Studio Careblend Powder, False Lashes and  a Lip Liner, a Kerastase Masque from RUSH Hair which I will be sharing with you in the next few days. It was nice to have my hair treated, shampooed, conditioned and styled I highly recommend RUSH hair, they do such a great job! I've had my hair done a few times from them and completely trust them! It's also always interesting for me to have someone else do my makeup as I think you can be so used to seeing your own face and makeup in a certain way that you don't always look different, I noticed a significant change in both my looks and was pleasantly surprised at the overall look. 

What do you think?

Dyno x

No comments:

Post a Comment