This is the first time I'm venturing over to Inglot Cosmetics, I have to admit I am a high end brand snob - that doesn't mean I won't try anything else out but I pretty much most of the time spend my money on high end.
Anyway I was sitting with my Starbucks latte staring around and caught a glimpse of Inglot then wondering why I have never been in. It was empty, huge and really colourful; everything coordinated and in the right place all neat and tidy. So I casually strolled in to go and play...
I'll start by saying I could have easily come away with more items - I'm impressed.
Firstly the price point, Secondly the quality of products and Thirdly the pigmentation of colours.
I came away with their 'Freedom System Palette 3 Eyeshadow Square'.
I picked 3 eyeshadows shades from the brown colour family, I know I get a lot more use out of any brown eyeshadows I own so these were an obvious and easy choice, especially since it's my first time trying Inglot shadows. I also purchased the palette which they are housed in separately. The colours are given as numbers and paired with their finishes.
Inglot Eyeshadow Finishes are as follows:
- MATTE - No shine, shimmer, or sparkle
- PEARL - Pearly sheen with satiny frost but no chunky glitter
- DS (Double Sparkle) - Matte based eyeshadow with sparkle
- AMC (Advanced Makeup Component) - Semi-matte base with sparkle but less glittery than DS finishes.
- AMC SHINE - Highly pigmented with a pearl and frost finish. More shinier than Pearl finishes.
I picked up:
- MATTE 372
- PEARL 421
- AMC 52
What are they like:
- Buttery soft
- No chunky glitter/fallout
- Easy to blend/build up colour
- Minimal fading on their own and virtually last all night with a primer
- None so far
What are the pro's:
- Quality eyeshadows
- Highly pigmented great colour pay off
- Huge selection of colours
- More product in weight than MAC refill pans
Comparisons to MAC Refill Pan:
- MAC Pro refill pan contains 1.5g of product
- Inglot square pan contains 2.3g/2.7g of product
- MAC price is £10.00 (per pan)
- Inglot price is £4.50 (per pan)
- Total price for Inglot 3 shadows - £13.50
- Total price for MAC 3 shadows - £30.00
Do I think they are better than MAC:
- Yes and No! Why? Because:
- PRICE! Seriously affordable!
- Inglot shadows really do give MAC a run for their money in terms of price, they are just as good quality in terms of pigmentation and colour payoff. Oh and the price!
- MAC is MAC for me, I'll always stay loyal and love their shadows. They are still the best out there. I can see myself re-purchasing a MAC eyeshadow over and over but I don't know for sure if all the other shadows are just as great at Inglot, I wouldn't be able to justify it with only so far purchasing three shadows.
- Anyone who adores MAC eyeshadows will understand why you would enjoy having Inglot in your collection but wouldn't want to replace or take MAC's place.
Would I repurchase:
- Yes definitely, I will be picking up another palette as I was attracted to the gold shadows.
- I highly recommend them in order to bring variety to your eyeshadow collection.
- It's always difficult to find quality eyeshadows where you can build up your own palettes so these are definitely worth having!