Sunday, 8 July 2012

MAC Heavenly Creature Collection Haul No.1


MAC's latest collection 'Heavenly Creature' launched this week - everywhere I think.Yup I was there on the first day of launch as usual/always each time there is a new collection out! And boy was this a absolutely beautiful one! You can read the promo post here. 

I picked up all four Mineralize Skinfinishes, two Mineralize Blushes, one Mineralize Eyeshadow, two Cremesheen Lipglasses, one Lustre Lipstick and five Volcanic Ash Exfoliators - My mummy took one!

I'm going to jump straight in with my haul post and show you everything! First up...

Volcanic Ash Exfoliator
Described by MAC as - "A highly effective, dual-purpose foaming, cleansing and exfoliating scrub blending natural Volcanic Ash with fine sugar crystals. Refines and unclogs the skin, adds instant moisture: leaves skin feeling soft and comfortably clean. Mineral-rich. May be used effectively on any part of face or body. Rinses off with warm water."


I have never tried this product before, but upto the launch of the collection there was a lot of hype around the return of this product. So I got a sample of this on the day of release (reserved myself 5 tubes thanks to my very kind MAC ladies) and tried it the same night I got home. This stuff is amazing! I've noticed I get a little oily on my nose area during summer which means my pores are more obvious too, I used it on my nose area and I noticed and immediate difference, visibly smaller pores and a smoother surface and complexion, I'm sure with continuous use this will improve my nose area. 

Best thing is though I had no break outs! So the next day 5 tubes came home with me! Yes it's black in colour, definitely ashy and volcanic it's got rougher crystals than ordinary scrubs so it smooths away surfaces and as soon as you add water to it the crystals melt and this stuff turns greyish. I definitely recommend using this in the bath tub/shower, or wear a black top over the sink/basin to avoid getting any colour on your clothes. Also avoid light coloured towels as they may appear grey after wiping your face.

Don't forget photos are clickable!


Mineralize Skinfinish
Described by MAC as - "A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks, brows, anywhere on the body: provides an ultra-deluxe polish to the skin."




The Mineralize Skinfinishes are one of the main highlights of this collection, I picked up all four, it was just not right to leave any behind at the store. Each one is different and unique and I'm sure there's one out there for everyone. I kind of got the impression the skinfinish shades fell into a pink, orange, peach champagne and plum purple categories all with specks and veins of gold.

'Earthshine' Skinfinish
'Tarnished bronze with gold peal and pink refects'




'Center of Universe' Skinfinish
'Coral with Gold Shimmer'




'Star Wonder' Skinfinish
'Plumy pink with multi-dimensional pearl'




'Light Year' Skinfinish
'Peachy Pink with Gold Shimmer'





Mineralize Blush
Described by MAC as - "Baked minerals refined into a powder formula to provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage. Veils and enhances the cheekbones with a luminous, pearlized shimmer."




I think I only have like maybe 3 or 4 Mineralize blushes from MAC in my collection, but these were also way too cute not to have. I picked up 'Supernova' which is a bright pink gold and 'Stratus' which is purple plum. Both have a smooth textire, they blend nicely and have a shimmering look which is not over or glittery.' Stratus' is definitely a beautiful shade for NC42 skintones like myself, but also apply lightly and buff in so your cheek doesn't look bruised. 'Supernova' is a bright pink and my pan doesn't give off too much gold. Some people may be concerned that this blush is similar to NARS Orgasm which is one of my staples, it isn't at all - it definitely leans a true bright hot pink infact more magenta minus any coral hint Orgasm gives off due to the gold in it.

Supernova Blush
'Magenta and burnished gold melange'




'Stratus' Blush
'Amethyst and gold brown melange'





Mineralize Eyeshadow
Described by MAC as - "A sheer, pearled, mineralised powder Eye Shadow with up to four shades baked together in one pan. Superfine, lightweight: provides a softly tinted, reflective shimmer on the skin with a delicate sense of dimension. Subtly builds colour and shine. Can be worn on face, eyes or body."




I only picked one eyeshadow from this collection, I quite enjoy using my MAC pro palettes I've built up with MAC's permanent eyeshadow shades so I wasn't too fussed about these Mineralize shadows. However when I went back the next day I really liked this 'Universal Appeal' eyeshadow, I don't have a shade like it at all and I think it would go really well with the 'Stratus' blush and 'Earthshine' skinfinish. I can use the purple shade in it, gold and plum violet all separately or mixed together. 

Universal Appeal Eyeshadow
'Gold, bronze and violet melange' 





Lustre Lipstick
Described by MAC as - "Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous."

Cremesheen Lipglasses
Described by MAC as - "A lip finish that fuses the creamy, sheen-filled nature of Cremesheen Lipstick with the shine of M∙A∙C Lipglass. Soft, comfortable, non-sticky. Use as a top layer to its namesake Lipstick or on its own."


I picked up one lipstick which is in a Lustre formula and this was 'Cut A Caper' which is a peachy pink and has a sheer formula compared to other MAC lipsticks but is definitely buildable. I must say all the lipsticks were quite nice but I had to put a stop somewhere. Mind you I might do some back 2 mac'ing and pick up 'Pleasure Seeker' or 'Venus'. But my favourite which I really wanted was 'Cut A Caper'.

I also picked up two Cremesheen lipglasses, this is my favourite formula from MAC, smooth, non sticky and really comfortable to wear. The colours I chose were 'Meteoric' - which pairs really nicely over 'Cut A Caper' lipstick, it's a coral pink with gold reflects which reminds me of mango sorbet. The other shade is 'Galaxy Rose' which is a Raspberry pink colour I wanted to wear so I could use it over red lipsticks to give me a pinky red lip colour.

Cut A Caper Lipstick
'Midtone Peachy Pink'


'Meteoric' Cremesheen Lipglass 
'Midtone Vibrant Coral'

'Galaxy Rose' Cremesheen Lipglass
'Midtone Violet Pink'




This is definitely a starry eyed collection for me! I have officially spent way too much money at MAC this month! But it's totally worth it as my items are ones which I will use regularly. Although I'm going to want to save them so they don't get used up as they are limited edition! 

The skinfinishes are definitely items I recommend you grab from this collection!  And a tip I can give you is to go into your local MAC store and pick out the veining/stripes of colours in your pan. This makes such a difference to the colour payoff you get. Although the products are the same, you can get more of one shade in any single pan. I got to choose all my skinfinishes and compare whether I wanted more gold, pink or purple in them. As you come across other reviews you will see the differences and without a doubt each one is beautiful in it's own right. The same goes for the blushes and eyeshadows.

I also recommend the Volcanic Ash Exfoliator for a clearer and soft complexion, this beats my favourite Clarins gentle refiner and St Ives scrub 100%! 

What has everyone else picked up? Have you checked out this collection? If not go go go! Hope you enjoyed my haul!

Love Love Love Love Love MAC Heavenly Creature!

Dyno x

4 comments:

  1. Amazing post, you've made me want Supernova Blush and Light Year MSF! I do think I'll try and pick up the volcanic ash exfoliator if anything though, as I've heard nothing but good things about it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Supernova is gorgeous super bright as well. Light year will look awesome on you as a highlight too because it's one of the lightest colours of them all, so it gives a really subtle look but can be built up! You'll love it. And without a doubt the volcanic ash exfoliator is a new staple for me. I'll be using mine sparingly!!! xxxxxx

      Delete
  2. omg that is quite a MAC haul :)

    ReplyDelete