Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Chanel Makeup


I did some indulging this week at Harrods. Continuing from my Chanel posts, today I have for you my haul from four recently released collections of which three collections I blogged about here


I picked up two items from Chanel's 'Bombay Express' collection, one item from 'Les Expressions Brown colour set' collection, another item from 'Blue Expressions' Collection and finally one item from 'Roses Ultimes de Chanel' Collection.



Chanel 'Bombay Express' Collection Items:

  • Route des Indes de Chanel Illuminating Powder with shimmer
  • Joues Contraste Blush in 03 Brume D'Or



Chanel "Route des Indes de Chanel Illuminating Powder with shimmer" is a golden yellow highlighting powder. It's not glittery but gives off a soft and gorgeous shimmer. A light application is more than enough to give your cheeks a glowy sheen. I don't have anything like this in my collection and I've always wanted a yellow toned highlighter to wear with my tanned skin and coral/peach/orange blushes. It's absolutely beautiful, wears all day and is better than any highlighters I have come across - I wore this for seven hours and it looked as perfect as the first time I applied it. 



Chanel "Joues Contraste Blush in 03 Brume D'Or" is described by their website as a 'beautifully sunny earthy tone awakes cheeks with an elegant glow'. It's a gorgeous bronze brown coloured blush with coral undertones. It looks very natural against my NC42 skintone, one of those healthy flush of colours. It reminds me of my favourite MAC blushes 'Gingerly' but a more bronzed version. It's got shimmer but it transfers onto the skin as a matte with extra definition. This blush also wore for almost 7-8 hours and the colour is very pigmented and can be built up.


Chanel 'Les Expressions' Collection Items:
  • Illusion D'Ombre in Vision


Chanel Illusion D'Ombre "Vision" is a bright yellow cream eyeshadow, it's got gold accents in it and is super glittery but reflects brightly. It can be applied sheer and heavy is really lovely applied on it's own with simple black liner and mascara. I actually chose this to use with Indian/Pakistani outfits as it compliments bright coloured clothing and asian skin. Though it suits everyone in my opinion. I don't have a colour like this in my eye shadow collection so it's a lovely addition.


Chanel 'Blue Expressions' Collection Items:
  • Illusion D'Ombre in Apparition


Chanel Illusion D'Ombre "Apparition" is a dark greyish blue, it's got some navy undertone to it and this too can be applied sheer or heavy to build up the colour. I'm sure it's easily dupable but being a huge Illusion D'Ombre fan I needed this colour in my collection as Chanel haven't released a colour like this before and it's limited edition. It looks absolutely amazing paired with 'Vision'. Very much like their fashion show makeup!


Chanel 'Roses Ultimes de Chanel' Collection Items:
  • Lèvres scintillantes glossimer 169 Jalousie


Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer 169 "Jalousie" is part of Spring Collection I haven't blogged about but came across on a random in store. The collection which featured six new limtied edition glossimers and three nail polishes is available with only a few items left over at select Chanel counters. The colour that caught my eye was 'Jalousie' - a bright magenta pink, it's almost opaque, very pigmented in comparison to some of the current glossimers available on the Chanel market. One swipe is enough for pigmented lips and there's no need to wear a lipstick underneath. I absolutely fell in love with this colour, it looks juicy but is just creamy and applies amazingly!

Here are swatches for all the products:

(Left-Right: Route des Indes, Brum D'Or, Vision, Apparition, Jalousie)

I think Chanel has some very pretty collections and like always they never let me down - everything is always a beauty, their compacts are such delights to be seen with and the colour selection this year has been absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend the items above and know I will enjoy using them. 

Love Love Love Chanel!

Dyno x

4 comments: