Thursday, 24 May 2012

MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder - Review


"Formulated to provide a smooth, virtually invisible, fresh-looking finish, this soft, cream-like powder is carefully blended to provide the skin with extra care, nourishment and comfort."

"Studio Careblend Pressed Powder provides sheer to medium coverage with perfect skin adhesion that helps to create a more flawless, refined look to skin. Studio Careblend Pressed Powder’s versatility allows users to apply it alone, over moisturized skin, atop foundation to set, or simply to touch up and perfect skin throughout the day." - Nick Gavrelis, Vice President, Global Product Development (read more here)


MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder is a pressed setting powder formulated for combination to dry skin with a soft, smooth, invisible finish. It comes in eight shades, similar to the Mineralize Skin Finish Natural. I use Medium Dark in the Studio Careblend range and Medium Deep in the Mineralise Skin Finish Natural - a shade darker for a slightly tan look over this powder. 


Studio Careblend Pressed Powder sets any liquid foundation product really well and leaves a slight dewy finish which I love. I like to use a fluffy powder brush to pick up product and buff it in over my foundation. I use the sponge very rarely when I want quite a bit of coverage.

Studio Careblend isn't quite sheer on its own it does have slight pigmentation that gives a nice finish. If you have clear skin like myself, it also works well alone or on top of a tinted moisturizer, BB cream, Concealer or foundation. If you have a lot of acne scaring or marks to be covered up, this may not suffice when used alone. I love the way it sets after a while, leaving a natural, flawless finish. That being said, It's not very effective at controlling oil during summer, for that there's good old blot powder.

This has to be one of my favourite and to go powders, it always looks flawless and never looks powdery and isn't drying. I always get compliments on how flawless and perfect my make up looks and it's down to this powder! Other powders I enjoy using is Giorgio Armani Loose powder, Nars Pressed and Loose Powder, MAC Blot Powder and Chanel Pressed Powder. Careblend definitely gives me a velvety satin finish.

The pro's of this powder are that it:
Provides a natural, matte finish.
Available to purchase in 8 shades.
Great for on the go makeup touch ups.
Long wearing & non-cakey.


The consistency of this powder to the touch, feels like your average powder. Studio Fix Powder actually feels softer to the touch. But, once smoothed on the skin, Careblend feels much smoother, whereas Studio Fix feels a bit dryer and powdery. I use to use Studio Fix but never loved it so haven't ever bothered to repurchase it as much as I have Careblend. Studio Fix appeared duller on the skin whereas Careblend gives my make up look luminous! 

Reading some reviews I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin as it's satin finish will probably come through too much, even in summer I would for myself use blot powder on my t-zone area due to my combination skin type. It's perfect for dry skin as it's got moisturising benefits and feels comfortable on the skin, even any dry areas on my own skin I like wearing this powder as my skin feels comfortable.

I've been using this powder for well over a year now and have repurchased it every few months. I do think I hit pan quickly with this powder but it goes to show I enjoy using it on almost a daily basis and one powder I trust whatever the day brings for my makeup! I really love this powder and will continue using it for an all over setting powder again and again!

FOTD coming soon with this powder.

Love MAC!

Dyno x

No comments:

Post a Comment