Friday, 4 May 2012

MAC Reel Sexy Collection Haul

Another collection was released today from M.A.C alongside the 'Hey, Sailor!' official summer 2012 collection, featured here. The other new collection is M.A.C 'Reel Sexy' - which I posted a official release about a few weeks ago here


I only picked up two items from this collection which are best sellers over in the US and ones which I really really wanted! The 'Reel Sexy' lipstick because I missed out on 'Ever Hip' years ago and the 'Star Quality' lipgloss because I've never seen such a beautiful pink coral gloss before! I know I will use it too!


MAC 'Star Quality' Cremesheen Lipglass:

Described by MAC as a 'Bright Orange Coral' on my lips it appears a beautiful pinkier-red coral, it has a semi-opaque colour coverage but nice and smooth colour pay off, what you see is what you get basically and layered on top of 'Watch me Simmer' lipstick it's absolutely stunning!




MAC 'Reel Sexy' Lipstick:

Described by MAC as a 'Light Bright Coral', on my lips it leans a pure peachy and creamy shade. Paired with a peach gloss such as 'On the Scene' or 'Richer Lusher' (both MAC) on top; it is lovely and more deeper in colour but just as beautiful on it's own. It compliments my NC42 skintone and it's Amplified Cream formula is divine to apply. It's similar to my YSL Rouge Volupte #13 Peach Passion lipstick - this is ever so slightly darker and deeper peach!




Overall
I love the two items I picked up without a doubt. But if I'm honest this collection for me is pretty boring, the eyeshadow duos are- well a bit mehhh none of the colours stood out. The eye kohls, well two are permanent ('Hyacinth', 'Smoulder'- I have this already) so no point rushing out to get them. Another repromote 'Heirloom', not a exciting shade really and one other shade 'Resort' that I didn't like either let alone wear it. 

The lipsticks are nice one of which is a repromote 'Watch me Simmer' previously from the 'Shop MAC, Cook MAC collection that I already picked up. I don't wear purple lipsticks so 'Heroine' was out of question and so was 'Pink Popcorn' as it was too light on my lips - I didn't like it.

The cremesheen lipglasses are really nice formulas one of my favourites, but I only really liked one and it stood out to me the most out of all of them and that is 'Star Quality'. There's a nice selection though of peachy, pinks and lavender.

I also skipped the blushes and skin finish, all of which are repromotes that I never bought before so probably wouldn't consider now. Not to say they're not nice they are just not for me. So I saved me some decent buck I guess! 

What have you picked up from Reel Sexy?

Dyno x

1 comment:

  1. Please follow my new blog www.elledeesbeauty.blospot.com xoxo

    ReplyDelete