Sunday, 13 May 2012

Lancome Hypnôse Doll Eyes Mascara


"Hypnôse Doll Eyes by Lancôme coats every single lash without weighting them down, for a wide-eye look. Doll Lash Effect Mascara Wide Eye Look Volumised, Extended, Lifted Lash look!"


I quite enjoy splashing out on Lancôme; especially their mascaras. Two of my favourite ones happen to be the Original Hypnose and Hypnose Drama. So when Hypnose Doll eyes was released I was interested but didn't purchase it until now. I was excited though, the doll eyes effect like Barbie's eyes was quite a tempting and lovely look to want to achieve really.  


'The cone shaped brush is carefully developed to assure the ideal load on each lash, even in the inner corner of the eye. The exclusive Fibershine formula, enriched with nylon powders, offers perfect load and beautiful curve for seductive fanned out lashes. A must-have mascara for a volumised, extended, lifted lash look.'

Application: Place the brush on the centre of the lash fringe. Let the brush glide over the lashes from root to tip in a zigzag movement. Use the tip of the brush to catch the small lashes in the inner corner of the eyes. Intensify the outer corner of the eyes using the largest part of the brush to open the eyes. Apply on lower lashes.

I followed the application instruction word for word, but I'm going to be brutally honest...Doll Eyes is not good, I'm unhappy with it. On my first coat the application was messy, there was so much excess on the brush wiping it down the tube firstly ruins the tip of the brush and top of the tube and secondly removing excess off the brush onto tissue is wasting product. To me this is immediately a expensive and waste of money product because I know my mascara is ruined and will dry out this way not to forget a messy tube.

Taking my review further, one coat wasn't really enough to coat the lashes evenly to achieve the amount of volume and length I want and expect my mascara to do. So I attempted the second coat...At first it looked a little better but my lashes looked flatter then the first coat or should I say clumpy, I let it dry before I attempted my third coat and by this time there was clumps everywhere, short podgy lashes, not voluminous, lengthy, extended looking lashes, definitely no lifted lash look. No separation either.

Yes, if I open my eyes wide I can see a slightly wide eye fan look but this is not consistent amongst all my lashes. The wider part of the brush lets me fan out my lashes but you also see the little lashes with black clumps. Not the best look in the world. I don't mind neat spidery lashes but Doll Eyes mascara gave me short clumpy lashes not fluttery ones. No Barbie ones either.

You know the worse part though? My eyes couldn't stand it, they were itching and stinging. This mascara was irritating my eyes like crazy and I have never had this problem with any of their other mascaras or any other brand for that matter. I do blame the excess product on the brush for this because it did get into my eyes a bit, but I don't exactly have small eyes I think they are quite normal sized and I don't have a problem using other mascara wands/brushes. The product formula itself stung my eyes.

One Coat:

Two Coats:

Three Coats:

Do you see by the third coat it's flattened and clumped my lashes? If I close my eyes I do think the lashes look good, but because the volume and curl don't hold it doesn't look right and I don't get Doll Eyes! I maybe could have tried it for a few more days, but after three, because of the stinging in my eyes I couldn't take it, I took it back to my Lancôme counter. I told them that I believe the stinging and burning sensation is a reaction I'm having to the mascara. They were happy to refund me my money so all has not been lost. I'm disappointed though! 

Some may say I should have tried a sample and usually I do, but Lancôme don't give samples away, which is sad and stupid because the eyes are such delicate features, but I'm just glad I got my money back anyway.  I'll stick to the originals where I get volume, length and curl. But I'll leave you with a photo of my so called Doll Eyes Lashes Mascara!


Has anyone tried this mascara? What are your thoughts?

Dyno x

5 comments:

  1. aww good thing they gave you your money back. i love the way you do your brows btw! what do you use? following you btw great blog :)

    ChinChin
    www.thekikaychronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ChinChin V Hi, thanks for visiting. Yes I was lucky they gave me my money back! I've been trying to grow out my eyebrows for weeks and finally managed to get them thicker. To fill in gaps I use mac eyeshadow in espresso with a angled brush. Funny you ask this weekend I finally reshaped my eyebrows! I'm happy with them now completely natural! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! Thanks for the tip :) I used to have pretty thick brows too but I kind of overplucked at one point and when I try to grow them out, the stray hairs annoy me so I tweeze them out again haha. Will really try to control myself this time

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ChinChin V Thank you! That's ok, us girls always have a hard time with our eye brows! I think for the first time I'm really satisfied with mine. In the effort of getting them to look the same we over pluck! remember your eyebrows are sisters not twins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blog! I'm happy to follow u!
    Would you like to follow each other blog?

    SandraB.ro

    ReplyDelete