Saturday, 21 April 2012

Thakoon for NARS Nail Collection Summer 2012


"Already frequent collaborators at New York Fashion Week, founder and creative director Francois Nars has partnered with fashion designer Thakoon Pachnigul, to develop a limited edition nail collection."

'New Super Super vibrant colors for a bold dose of fashion-forward color at your fingertips!The exuberant color channels the pulsating hues of an indian spice market.'


"Oh boy"- was my reaction when I saw these little glass jars, rectangles, bottles whatever you want to call it -nail colours at my NARS Counter. I couldn't pick just one, I didn't even want to pick just one, I wanted needed all of them :)  NARS is my weakness and they just always have something that gets the spot! Sorry!

But anyway, the designer responsible for the battering of our wallets and my sexy nails achievement is Thakoon Panichgul, who says he was inspired by the colours of India, their sacred festivals and distinctive spices. The tones can be seen in the 2012 collection of Thakoon Nars ranging from the bold yellow, mint blue, sky blue, fuchsia, pink, to a strong and classic red.

This NARS Collaboration with the famous fashion designer is a limited edition nail polish collection for summer 2012. Inspired by Thakoons spring fashion collection 2012, colours found in an indian spice market have been reflected in this collaboration with NARS.

  • Lal Mirchi - a bold orange mandarin red
  • Anardana - an azalea pink
  • Ratin Jot - an orchid purple
  • Amchoor - a brightyellow
  • Kutki - a powder mint blue
  • Koliary - a cyan blue

The coolest thing about this collection though is that when they say 'Spicy New Limited Edition', they literally meant Spices. The names are from South Asian Spices! Anardana being/means dried pomegranate seeds, Lal Mirchi being/means red chili pepper, Amchoor being/means a powder made from dried unripe mangoes, Kutki is a ayurvedic herb, it's hard to explain but a type of fruit & raw spices are made from it, Ratin Jot is alkanet root powder. Koliary I'm not sure about, the colours don’t completely match the given names but in a way they do! I understand the spices meaning as I use some of them in my cooking!


All the colours are super saturated and pigmented with fullness of shine! Just owning a bottle is gorgeousssssss! I'm usually quite simple with my nails at the salon French Tips, but recently I'm getting really into changing up the colours I use and am looking forward to having my nails done this month with a new NARS colour!

These sexy colourful nail polishes are available at all NARS counters and online for £14.00/$18.00 UK and International.

Love Love Love NARS!

Dyno x

No comments:

Post a Comment