Sunday, 15 April 2012

Nars Pro-Prime Multi Protect Primer SP30


"A multi-tasking primer fortified with anti-oxidants, anti-irritant and anti-pollution skincare benefits to protect and soothe the skin. It creates a barrier against UVA and UVB rays and protects against urban pollutants. Additionally, this ultra-light and creamy-to-the-touch primer creates an even-toned complexion."

"Key ingredients include:  Gentiana Urnula, known to provide anti-oxidant protection and Indian Frankincense, known to help balance reactive skin. *Oil-Free. Paraben-Free. Synthetic fragrance-free. Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist-tested."


I got a sample of the NARS Pro-Prime Multi-Protect Primer SP30, so I didn't purchase the full size yet. I've used it about four times this week and do think it is a nice primer, I will be using it a few more times before I actually consider purchasing the full size, but felt four uses was sufficient to be able to give a good review post on it because ideally a primer for me should make me feel good about my makeup application on the first day, I should notice a significant change in appearence and if there are any skin reactions they should appear by the third day. 

NARS Pro-Prime Multi-Protect Primer SPF 30 creates the base for a smooth canvas in order to apply your makeup with ease, longitivity and flawlessness while it supposedly nourishes the skin with various plant-based ingredients. Nars Pro Prime is a permanent line and this primer is a newest member to the line, it has a opaque white colour, lotion-like texture which turns colourless and transparent once applied. The texture is light and almost fluffy like to touch. It is oil-free and absorbs into the skin almost immediately without leaving or feeling like a greasy residue on the skin. It also doesn't leave any sort of white cast on the skin.

Application- You just need a small amount and you smooth it over your face prior to applying your makeup. You can also use it on it's own to wear as a sunscreen and to create a smooth complexion.


NARS claims this primer to be as a "treatment face primer" which is suppose to be a good thing right? They also list and identity two plants as the key to the product's many benefits: Gentiana Urnula, a Himalayan flower used in Tibetan medicine for its anti-oxidative properties; and Indian Frankincese, used in Aruveydic medicine as an anti-inflammatory.

The primer really does work well by giving balance to my skin, it's also suppose to promote hydration and oil absorbtion where needed for a makeup ready finish,  the mineral powders blur fine lines and wrinkles, allowing for smooth and even application. My t-zone is the only place I find a little oily, but this wasn't the case this time, I feel this primer is just as effective as my Smashbox one. 

Now while I'm not sure how this works for me as a treatment as I have good skin and my regular skin care works excellently, but it didn't react to my skin so that means it's suitable for me. It works well with liquid foundations, especially my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, but anything cream-powder is ever so slightly difficult to glide across the face smoothly, I guess this is due to the textures of foundations. I also enjoyed wearing it on it's own as my skin felt soft and my complexion looked smooth.


Overall I really like this primer, but only had a few uses out of the tube I picked up as a sample, so I'm still not sure if it beats my Smashbox photo finish primer, but I think it is equally good for when your in a rush and want a product you trust will make you feel confident or the more lazy or laid back days you may have with your makeup application. It is a lovely and effective product from NARS which I am impressed with and now consider worthy of full price purchase. 

NARS Pro-Prime is £24.00/$32.00 and available at all NARS Counters.

Love NARS!

Dyno x

2 comments:

  1. I also have a little sample tube of this :) I think I need to dig it out of my stash and give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lucy Hey, yeh definitely give it a try, it's nice.

    ReplyDelete