Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Nails of the Day: Models Own Nail Polish in 'Tropical Sun'


Models Own 'Tropical Sun' is a glistening sunset with a duochrome finish, the polish changes colour on the reflection of light. The reasons why I loved this colour so much is that sometimes it looks peach/orange and then pinky gold. It's a beautiful and flattering colour for tan skin like myself!

'Tropical Sun' is a new release for 2012 from Models Own 'Beetlejuice' Collection consisting of five multi-tonal shades and now three new additional shades have been introduced including 'Tropical Sun'. Each bottle contains four pearlescent colours mixed into one gleaming shade for an optimum high finish. Inspired by the beautiful wings of a beetle, this collection mimics the complex colour-shifting with flashes of vivid tones and ethereal hues giving a shimmering duo chrome finish.

The first coat applies sheer with light reflects of nudey peach with a tinge of gold. The second layer goes on more deeper with a true pink/peach and gold balance a third coat is true to the appearence you see in the bottle.


Above my nail technician applied two coats and the application with this nail polish is pretty good. It applies evenly without any streaks and I may opt for a third coat next time but I kept it safe as I didn't want it to appear too orange as I'd never tried it before. On my toes however this evening I have applied three coats and it looks beautiful and very summery and compliments bronzed skin very much.



As you can see above the polish is super deceiving in terms of looks, in the evening light and camera flash light the polish appears super pink/gold, but during the day and normal light the nail polish is just so different and peach/orange with gold! It's a beautiful nail polish and I will be wearing it alot this summer!

What are you wearing on your nails?

Dyno x

No comments:

Post a Comment