Sunday, 1 April 2012

March Favourites!


Here's my favourites of the month ladies, the weather has influenced my choices! I think I've been using so many different products but I've really enjoyed these in particular!

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation - So when my beloved Chanel Pro Lumiere and Matt Lumiere foundations were replaced I was gutted, although I now adore my Nars Sheer Glow foundation I still occasionally like to use my Chanel foundations. So I got hold of some generous samples of the Perfection Lumiere and I have to stay I really like it, for many days this month I have been on the go I have reached for this sooo much, I have good, well behaved skin and this is just a lovely base that settles so beautifully and naturally. I've been colour matched as Beige 60 and it's absolutely perfect colour match to my skin tone! I will soon be purchasing a full size of this foundation.

Chanel Solein Tan De Chanel - I purchased this bronzer only just in March and it has been one I have reached for every time I have applied makeup. It's a cream gel bronzer which dries matte, looks natural but makes your skin look beautiful and sunkissed without any orange. It actually matches  my skin tone very close so just emphasises a bronzed glow more! One of the best bronzers out there in my opinion and it's going to be in regular use all year round for me! - read my review of it here.

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer - I had a couple of these travel size primers in my makeup stash and used it as I had ran out of my Clarins Instant Smooth Perfector, which I like alot, but after using the Smashbox primer I am in love! it's so smooth on my skin, gives a matte finish and lets my foundation glide on like a dream, definitely will be purchasing the full size now!

MAC Gingerly Blush - one of my first blushes from MAC and I found myself using this so much this month after quite a long time. My makeup has been quite minimal, quick and to go so I've opted for quite a few different products that are easy and subtle to work with and Gingerly hasn't let me down, described by MAC as a 'Capri Bronze' it's so natural, slight matte finish and gives a lovely flush of colour to my tan skin. 



MAC Call Me Bubbles Eyeshadow Quad - the weather has been quite lovely so my makeup has been somewhat adjusted to suit the weather - corals -pinks- peaches - oranges, this quad is really pretty from the Shop MAC Cook MAC Collection review here, It's such a pretty palette that suits tan complexions like myself. I did a FOTD here. On days where I wanted some spring/summer colour I picked up this palette.

MAC Eyeshadow's in 'Twinks' (brown) and 'Typographic' (black) - I really like wearing a coppery brown eyeshadow with a black eyeshadow smudged along my upper lash line. 'Twinks' is a lovely copper brown shimmer shadow and I have just been sweeping it across my lids and on my lower lash line, with 'Typographic' in my upper lash line and then lightly in the crease using a pencil brush. It looks absolutely gorgeous on, simple, quick and flattering!

Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara - I got this as a sample from my Chanel counter and I have to say I absolutely love this mascara, I think I use to have the original one before this but didn't exactly love it, I enjoy my YSL Shocking Mascara and my Lancome Hypnose, but I will be paying full price for this new Chanel mascara, I've reached for it every day as it gives me length, curl, volume and seperation! Winner!


MAC Tendertone Lip Balm in 'Tread Gently' - I have a childhood obsession with lip balms! And when I managed to get my hands on all four of MAC's tendertones I was so happy! I've been using 'Tread Gently' for the last month and I love it! I have been wearing it on it's own even as a lipgloss and it's really moisturising, non sticky and pretty, plus it smells so sweet and juicy! You can read my review of it here. But so far it is my favourite lip balm item of the month!

MAC Watch Me Simmer Lipstick - I picked this up from Shop MAC Cook MAC released at the beginning of the month and it's a lovely coral pink lipstick. Super bright and super lovely formula. The perfect spring/summer shade and I've worn it a few times this month and look forward to wearing it even more! See my FOTD with this lipstick here.

MAC Force of Love Lipglass - Part of the MAC Chenman Love and Water Collection reviewed here, I have never come across a pigmented lipglass like this in a long time, it's a super bright coral pink and when worn alone looks very pretty on the lips. I have reached for this lipglass while on the go too for a pop of colour and love this too! It's described by MAC as a 'Vivid Honeysuckle Pink', it has light gold sparkle in it and glistens on my lips beautifully.


Oscar de la Renta 'Live in Love' Perfume - I picked this up randomly at Harrods and fell in love straight away. Read my review of it here. It's a beautiful crown shaped bottle, not a sweet perfume but a woody one with floral accents, notes of Bergamot and Sandalwood which I enjoy in many fragrances. It's not often I like a perfume quickly, I'm quite picky and I usually take my time adjusting to them, but this new Oscar de la Renta perfume 'Live in Love' I have reached for every day! Absolutely amazing and my new love!

Victorias Secret Body Lotion in 'Berry Cosmo' - Generally my skin care routine is the same all year round, I do this so that my skin is taken care of all year round and always summer ready. However I do switch around my body creams and lotions and particularly in spring/summer I use ones which are fruity and fun! So I found my Victorias Secret ranges which I always have stock of and found this little berry love and have used a lot this month. Cannot wait to get more of the Beauty Rush items from Victorias Secret!

Victorias Secret Body Double Mist in 'Candy 'Baby' -  Again my skin care routine is the same all year round but on top of my lotion is spring/summer I use my body double mist for when my hemline gets shorter! This is a fragrance mist with oil - My legs looks super sexy and shiny and are really well moisturised and I definitely smell like candy! 

Molten Brown Soothing Hand Lotion in 'Blu Maquis' - I don't usually like using sticky hand creams but I've heard good things about Molten brown so picked up their hand wash and hand lotion duo, and I have to say it's really lovely, non sticky, soothing and moisturising hand lotion. My hands are super soft, well maintained and my cuticles stay soft and in good shape. I've been using this hand lotion for two months now, it is very expensive for a hand lotion but it works so I will be picking up other types of their hand washes and lotions.


Michael Kors Watch - I got this watch as a birthday present and love wearing it! The colour is beautiful and it goes with nearly everything. I'm looking for rose golden bangles/bracelets to wear with it. But this has been one of my favourite accessories of the month!

Ed Hardy Sunglasses - The sun has been shining and so that means wearing gorgeous sunglasses! I pulled out my Ed Hardy Sunglasses I purchased sometime last year to wear this month and with the sun shining in the UK for 5 days straight these babies were very handy! Not to forget sexy and statement looking on me!


What were some of your March favourites?

Dyno x

4 comments:

  1. Chanel bronzer is gorgeous, and I think I'm a fan of their new foundation as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chanel mascara, its one of my favs! And I've got a little sample of the new foundation, cant wait to try it.

    Great blog, maybe we could follow each other?:-)
    http://thesecretblogger-2011.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @TheSecretBlogger Hi, yes the mascara is lovely and I'm sure you will enjoy the foundation. Thanks for visiting I will take a look :) x

    ReplyDelete