Sunday, 8 April 2012

MAC Tres Cheek Collection Haul - Review & Swatches


MAC Tres Cheek Blush 'Love Cloud' & 'Modern Mandarin'

"Blush as vibrantly, softly, or hip as you dare in shades that reflect your mood, style and skin tone. Six new limited edition Blush Powders in red-orange, peach, pink and lavender that are seamlessly sheer, and stay as bright on the skin as they are in palette." 

MAC Tres Cheek is a selection of six limited edition satin and one frost blush shades, to add to your spring/summer palette. I bought two shades out of the six available that showed up on my NC42 skintone. I found all of the blushes to be a little chalky in appearence after swatching, but these lovely little blushes have a smooth and easy to blend formula. The best thing about these blushes is how buildable they are, these go on sheer to extra bright very easily and flawlessly and so the colour build up is brilliant.

If i'm honest though when I first saw the blushes in their pans I thought they were a little boring and easily dupable, however they blended out so beautifully and the colour build up as I mentioned is bright that I must say looks can be deceiving! They are different and the formulas let me achieve different layers of colours. So here are my new lovely blushes: 'Love Cloud' and 'Modern Mandarin'.


'Love Cloud' is described as a bright mid-tone pink leaning more towards a neutral yellow based pink with a slight sheen to it. I think on my skintone it appears alot lighter of a pink but built up the colour is deeper and the chalkyness fades to reveal more brighter colour.


'Love Cloud' appears really different to some of the pink blushes I have in my collection, I thought it would be close to my Bobbi Brown blush in Peony but Peony is more brighter and blue based, Nars Gaiety is more blue based pink too and MAC Azalea Blossom blush Ombre has a more lilac tone to it so Love Cloud turned out to be another unique blush to add to my collection.


'Modern Mandarin' is described as a red-orange. I think I found this blush to appear as a balanced orange coral with a very slight hint of red. This blush in the pan is no doubt bright and intimidating but on tanned skin tones like myself it is absolutely flattering and beautiful! It's perfect for summer and the colour can be built up as desired. 


'Modern Madarin' is also quite different I thought it would be close to my MAC Cremeblend blush in Optimistic Orange but Optimistic Orange due to it's formula presents a different tone on the skin, Modern Mandarin appears more matte and delicate. Nars Taj Mahal blush has the gold sheen/shimmers obvious in it and has a very strong orange undertone present. So this too was a different blush to add in my collection.



Anyone get Cheeky with Tres Cheek?

Love MAC!

Dyno x

No comments:

Post a Comment