Tuesday, 13 March 2012

MAC Tinted Lipglass in 'Style Packed' - Review


MAC Tour de Fabulous Collection - "Lips speak louder than words. Eleven intense new shades of Tinted Lipglass with eight coordinating Lip Pencils. A Tour de Fabulous! Limited Edition."

Tinted Lipglass is "A unique lip gloss available in a wide variety of colours that can create a high gloss, glass-like finish or a subtle sheen. Designed to be worn on its own, over Lip Pencil or Lipstick, Tinted Lipglass is the perfect product for creating shine that lasts. It's pigmented, very shiny and can impart subtle or dramatic colour. It contains Jojoba Oil to help soften and condition the lips. Tinted Lipglass is packaged in a convenient bottle with a sponge tip applicator that provides a quick, smooth, even application."

Beginning of this month I went to MAC for the release of 'Shop MAC Cook MAC' collection reviewed here and to my surprise, but typical MAC style there were several collections released. One of which being the MAC 'Tour de Fabulous' - Containing only Tinted lipglasses and lip pencils. I picked up one Tinted lipglass in the colour 'Style Packed' - 'A Bright, Vivid  Fuchsia'.


'Style Packed' is an extremely pigmented high shine lip gloss, I tend to steer clear of most of MAC's lipglosses apart from the Cremesheen formulas as they are more comfortable to wear on the lips and is non sticky but I don't know if the formulas have changed but this formula is actually really lush to wear! So I purchased it. To be very honest this gloss is not at all sheer, one swipe and you get serious colour pay off, over a lipstick this would really build colour intensely but on it's own it looks beautiful on lips. 


Above I have swatched 'Style Packed' with one swipe and you can see how sexy the colour is! A totally wearable blue toned pink which looks juicy on the lips. Below i'm wearing the gloss on it's own, if you want it to last longer you can use a lip pencil underneath such as MAC 'Process Magenta' or 'Embrace Me', I already own 'Process Magenta' from a previous collection which is a near perfect match to 'Embrace Me' so if you decide to purchase the gloss and pencil from the collection 'Embrace me is the correct and perfect match, if you have 'Proces Magenta' you don't need a new lip pencil.


I get about 4 hours wear with this tinted lipglass as long as I haven't eaten or drank anything, but it still looks glossy for about 2 hours through eating which is not a big problem because with lip glosses I tend to check and reapply more often anyway. 

Overall I'm really happy with my new tinted lipglass I might pick up a couple more in different colours, these are limited edition and all colours are still available online and probably in most stores too. They are priced at £13.00 for 4.8g. Have you picked up any Tinted lipglasses from MAC recently?


Love MAC!

Dyno x

4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try their lipglass for a while now but never see the need because I like matte lipsticks better - I hate how sticky lipgloss is! But this seems to be worth the money and hassle if it lasts as long as you say! Thanks for this review!

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Katie Alyse Chamel No problem, Yeh its worth a try because this range of their glosses are so pigmented and dont feel sticky xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this looks so pigmented! i hate the stickiness of lipgloss, but i really want to try one of mac's lipglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @The Sneakerette Yeah me too hate sticky lipglosses they are annoying and just eeeww, these are really nice though x

    ReplyDelete