Saturday, 31 March 2012

Colour of the Year 2012 - Tangerine Tango...I've been Tangoed !


This year's colour of the year is Tangerine Tango! Although I'm not in the US and based in the UK I love receiving emails from Sephora updating me on all the latest beauty buys so I can have a HUGE list of things ready that I want to pick up when I finally get to book a trip to the US! 


Any hoo... Sephora is launching the Sephora + Pantone Universe Colour of the Year Collection. Sephora collaborated with Pantone to create a stunning collection based on the Color of the Year- 'Tangerine Tango' (PANTONE #17-1463).

Pantone Inc. is a corporation headquartered in Carlstadt, New Jersey. The company is best known for its Pantone Matching System (PMS), a proprietary colour space used in a variety of industries - primarily printing, though sometimes in the manufacture of colored paint, fabric, and plastics. 


And so in 2012, the color of the year, Tangerine Tango, was used to create a makeup line, in partnership with Sephora. The product line named 'Sephora + Pantone Universe collection', features Tangerine Tango–embellished false lashes; nail lacquers, cream, glitters, and high-pigment lip glosses.




What Sephora says:
"United by a passion for color, Sephora and Pantone combine their expertise to become beauty's leading authority on color. Sharing an affection for how color can transform a face, mood, or even an attitude, this breakthrough beauty partnership will change how you wear, feel and think about color. You'll be introduced to playful shades that will inspire experimentation and exhilarating new products you'll impulsively want to sweep on. It will reawaken and reinvigorate your own passion for color—or ignite a new found love. Join us in celebrating Color of the Year: Tangerine Tango."





So from my investigations, Tangerine is all the hype within the fashion and beauty world, it's popped up on our runways for fashion week, makeup collections and in plenty of magazines! Pantone describes Tangerine Tango "...as an enticing juicy orange... a vivacious and appealing refresher to enliven anyone's outlook this spring." 

Now while I cannot get my little paws on Sephora and Pantone's collaboration I have got my makeup kit ready...I absolutely love Tangerines, Oranges, Corals and Peaches!

I think the tangerine colour family is totally awesome and for someone like me with a Tan/Golden skin tone, it's really flattering and everything works with me so well! Not to forget it's bold, daring and very colourful! 

So for now here's my little collection of Tangerine Tango growing slowly day by day! I wish I could get hold of the Sephora stuff too... But I think I'm doing OK incorporating items myself?!


I really love using Tangerine Tango shades during spring and summer! Have you been Tangoed?

Love Tangerine Tango!

Dyno x

6 comments:

  1. love that color for spring!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like orange shade :( but these products are great:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't think i wanted anything, then today i found myself in sephora and couldn't resist the eye pencils love the tangerine one... so creamy and awesome.. the packaging is sublime as well :)

    ReplyDelete