Tuesday, 27 March 2012

A few products that I've been using a lot of lately.

It seems the sun has come out early this year, spring/summer is well into it's element which means it's time to prepare and my makeup products are all ready!

When I'm rushing around or running errends I like to keep my makeup a little more minimal for the daytime. A good coverage light weight foundation with SPF, under eye concealer for occasional use, a light bronzer for a sunkissed glow, a highlighter/illuminator to give me a healthy glow and glisten in the sun, a natural coral/pink blush, little lashings of mascara and a good old light coloured natural lip colour!


(Some products are clickable - read my reviews!)

Chanel Perfection Lumiere - Is a Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup with a medium coverage almost like a second skin. I've noticed that when I've been on the run I've picked this one up to use more often, I managed to get a brilliant amount of samples of this new foundation, a recent release from Chanel, replacing their Pro and Matte Lumiere foundations. And I really like it as it's light to wear. I've always been a fan of Chanel foundations the first ones I ever started wearing and this one is nice as a to-go foundation, with buildable coverage - it covers blemishes, marks and imperfections whilst looking natural. It's not the best foundation when worn alone but I do like the fact that it looks smooth and my skin looks great once I've buffed in a little powder.

Cle De Peau Concealer - My holy grail concealer, I use it sparingly as it's very expensive but I do rely on it when I go without foundation, this concealer and a little setting powder and my skin is even and completely natural. It's medium-full coverage, with all day long wearing, no budge lasting power. I use it only under the eyes to brighten the eye area when I'm wearing foundation, if I'm wearing it alone I dab it all over very lightly where I need it. Absolutely brilliant concealer! Can't wait to get some more!

Giorgio Armani Micro Fil Loose Powder - I've had this ages but never reached for it much until recently while being in a rush. It is an ultra light & fine powder that perfectly adheres onto my skin. It's ideally used as a final touch to my complexion, it reduces shine & evens out my skin tone. Leaving me with a natural looking & radiant appearance. I just use a big fluffy powder brush and sweep it all over my face with a light hand dusting the powder to set my foundation. I usually only use this for the t-zone area so my makeup holds longer throughout the day. It's lovely as a to-go loose powder as it's so light and easy to work with.

Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel/Bronze Universel - If I could only have one bronzer, then I would choose this one! I've only had this a few weeks but I can confirm I love it so so much! and reach for it all the time. I have to force myself to reach for any other powder bronzers now. It looks natural, is buildable and has a lovely formula that leaves my skin looking natural and satiny. Absolutely gorgeous product! It smells lovely too!

Dior Diorskin Poudre Shimmer in Amber Diamond - Ultra shimmering all over face powder gives me a healthy glow with sun kissed radiance, I without fail always use this one I trust it so much as it looks so natural on the skin with a light sheen to the cheeks. There are so many highlighters out there and I have quite a few but it's safe to say I would pick this highlighter over my Nar's one anyday, that's saying something as I love Nar's products from the bottom of my heart!

MAC Mineralize Blush in Early Morning - This is a natural looking coral blush and I recently picked it up from the MAC Naturally Collection 2012, I have to say it's something I reach for a lot because it's a lovely wearable shade with buildable colour. With it's mineral formula it's really light and airy but also feels beautiful against the skin. It's a perfect formula,blush and colour for spring/summer! Usually I would go for my good old trusted MAC blush in Gingerly, but this is one blush I have reached for to get a pink balance to my spring/summer makeup.

YSL Cream Eyeliner - I won't wear this during the day with my to go makeup, but I'll add it for the evening if my makeup is to stay the same from day to night. It instantly adds depth to my eyes and last for hours without smudging and budging, I'm looking forward to seeing how it holds up when the days get hotter!

Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara Noir - I got a sample of this mascara and I have to say I will be purchasing it in full size! It has a unique brush designed with the bristles aligned in perfect symmetry to coat each lash with length, the mascara draws out the lashes and gives my lashes volume, length and seperation, it also holds the curl in my lashes really well, I have fluttery lashes with this mascara and I think it's nearly as good as my Lancome Hypnose! I've used it alot and reach for it every day now!

MAC Lipstick in Modesty - My holy grail lipstick, the shade is 'my lips but better' it's a natural lip colour with even tones of nude and pink, I would use this lipstick on it's own during the day and in the evening with the lipgloss below. I have been through so many tubes and I can't get enough of it! Absolutely flattering and sexy! I can't use enough good words for it! I'll always no matter what reach for this lipstick when I'm not sure or in a rush or even when I'm not it makes me feel and now my lips look gorgeous in it!

MAC Cremesheen Lipglass in Deelight - My holy grail lipgloss, the shade is also 'my lips but better', it's a natural lip colour with a beautiful shade of pink in it. I would use this lipgloss on it's own during the day or even evening, or layered on top of Modesty for a fuller lip colour. I can't use enough good words for it either! I'll always no matter what reach for this gloss when I'm not sure or in a rush or even when I'm not it makes me feel and now my lips look gorgeous in it! Same as the lipstick above-Modesty, the two together are my perfect lip's combination! I need a new tube of this now as it's right at the end now!


What products have you been using a lot lately?

Love Ready To Go!

Dyno x

4 comments:

  1. Chanel blush from their 2012 spring collection has been on my face every day since I got it... lol I love it. I picked up the new Chanel foundation this past weekend as well and so far like it a lot.... oh yes and I have an Armani powder in compact form that I love to death as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @LucyAh yes the chanel blush is gorgeous I save mine for special days because I don't want it to ever finish lol! Their foundation is nice too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the Bronze Universal so baaaddd, i am determined to have it by this summer!! Also heard a lot about the Cle de Peau concealer, must check it out my eye circles are horrendous! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Emma D It's a lovely product! And the concealer is brilliant! Thanks for visiting xx

    ReplyDelete