Sunday, 25 March 2012

End of Week Haul


This weeks haul is full of seven purchases:
  • Real Techniques Makeup Brush - Powder Brush
  • Real Techniques Makeup Brush - Blush Brush 
  • Real Techniques Makeup Brush - Stippling Brush 
  • Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick
  • New Look Waist Belt
  • Aldo Shoes Nude Heels
  • YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick

Real Techniques, Makeup Brushes - If you follow the Pixiwoo sisters on Youtube or via their blog then you will know of them as two sisters Sam and Nic who are professional makeup artists giving beauty tips. Sam has designed a line of professional makeup brushes and when word was out and everyone was going mad I too had been eyeing up the brushes. I finally managed to get hold of them this week when my local Boots re-stocked and the bonus part being I got them on a 3-for-2 offer meaning one brush was free when you by two...WooHoo!

I skipped the sets (starter set, core collection, travel set) on offer for now as I was more interested in purchasing the individual brushes. But I also skipped some single brushes (foundation brush, shading brush, lash/brow groomer, kabuki brush) as I have so many other brushes that fit the category I didn't need more of them. But the three main brushes I did pick up were: Powder Brush, Blush Brush and Stippling Brush. I am really happy with them and some of the reviews I have read sound promising. I will be doing a full review of my own this week!


Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick 180 Vintage Pink - I'm not one who goes for drugstore brands, very rarely unless there is something limited edition, hyped up, works great and is worth the price, and I most definitely skip drugstore brand lipsticks because I find I never use them and always go for my MAC, Chanel, Dior, Nars, YSL religiously - that anything else just sits there. But my Aunt the other day pulled out her brand new lipstick to show me and get my seal of approval on her choice and to both our surprise I was impressed and approved. I had to get one too!

So Here I am with my own Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Vintage Pink, a different kind of natural deep nude pink with a pinky plum undertone. Flattering to say the least and very unique, I don't think MAC has a shade like this it's a beautiful shade for a everyday lipstick to-go with a slight deeper colour. I'll be doing a full review this week, so stay tuned!


New Look Waist Belt - I thought this was a pretty and different kind of belt, it's not leather or anything, it's like a dangling chain in gold with crystal detailing, I thought a bit of bling around the waist would look super cute and sexy over a dress, almost like jewellery. It's not chunky but a skinny waist belt which I like and features delicate cross-knots that loop together, with a adjustable length chain to fit around the waist comfortably. I really like delicate items!


Aldo Shoes Nude Heels - Technically this wasn't a purchase but an exchange with me paying the difference. I had a pair of Aldo heels I purchased a whole year ago and sadly the loop that held the ankle strap broke and there wasn't a way to have it repaired as it was likely the same thing would happen again eventually after wear. I was really disappointed I loved those shoes! The shoes hadn't even been re-heeled so I thought why would the ankle loop give way more quicker? I had the box, receipt and spare heels for the shoes (yes I'm the sort of person that keeps everything...just in case!) and thought I'd take it down to Aldo and see if they could help me out..... 

To my surprise, they did - baring in mind these are worn/used from a year ago shoes, I did kind of prepare myself to be glared at and told 'we can't do anything'! Quite the opposite happened, firstly they tried to check warehouse and see if they would have the style lying around...No... I could have them repaired and they would pay for it...Not repairable...Pick something else and you can have an exchange...OoooK?! So I picked up these Nude platform peep toe heels, close to my previous pair of shoes but without the black ankle t-bar straps. I'm so happy, this is what you call dedicated customer service...Love Aldo!


YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in 17 Red Muse - I have a weakness for YSL Rouge Volupte Lipsticks and an even bigger weakness for red lipsticks. YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks are incredibly creamy, moisturising and damn right sexy lipsticks! I love them so much, I must like treat myself to one a month! Nothing else to say apart from review coming this week on this new lippy of mine and you can read my previous posts on my YSL Rouge Volupte Lipsticks here and here! Doesn't the lippy look gorgeous below....so classy and sexy with all the gold?!!


Love Hauls!

Dyno x

2 comments:

  1. I love to hear that people had good experiences with customer service and Aldo is one of my favorite brands so yaaay!

    I have all 3 of the brushes you bought and I LOVE the powder and blush one. The stipple one is too soft for me and not dense enough. let us know whatcha think!

    ANNNND lastly I LOVE and look forward to seeing all your haul posts, they make me feel like I'm shopping =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @adthenshesmiled Thank you so much for commenting! You never fail to visit my post for End of Week Hauls! I appreciate it soooo much!

    Yes I'm glad Aldo hasn't let me down I'm very happy! I should have my brush post up very soon as I'm going to be using them tomorrow and tuesday so let's see how I get on! Hearing you love your brushes is getting me excited to put my makeup on with them!

    Hopefully I'll have a good haul next week too! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete