Friday, 30 March 2012

Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge Review


"Blend Perfection Sponge which helps you apply your foundation and blend your base like a pro! The easy to hold sponge has a special texture which leaves an airbrushed finish so you’ll look picture-perfect, literally!"


You have probably heard about the famous 'Beauty Blender' and I haven't really gotten round to spending £20.00 on a face sponge just yet, but I managed to find a similar looking beauty blending sponge at a fraction of the cost for £4.99 at Superdrug. It's an absolute delight to use and I guess this perfect little blending sponge is the big reason I never felt the need to purchase the famous 'Beauty Blender'! As it gives me tremendous results! I absolutely love it and highly recommend it!


Just to clarify I don't have the original 'Beauty Blender' to compare this sponge to, but the concept and results I guess are suppose to achieve the same thing. The Cosmopolitan blend perfection sponge is made of a strange latex material - almost like one of those squeezy stress balls. It's weird but wonderful!

What do you do with it? How exactly are you suppose to use it?

The key to using a beauty blending sponge is to bounce, bounce, bounce and bounce some more! It therefore works very differently to a normal foundation sponge. It is suppose to be used in a "bouncing" motion over the skin, with the larger ball area covering the face, and the pointy end to get into all the nooks and crannies like around the nose or eyes. The bouncing motion means you are stippling the foundation on to give quite a thick and airbrushed finish.

Generally it's been advised to wet the sponge before using it and squeezing it until it is a little damp to get the best finish but personally I prefer using mine dry. If you use it wet the sponge expands in size which is intriguing and as it dries goes back to it's normal size!

To apply my makeup I first will apply my concealer where needed then secondly I apply my foundation as normal using my MAC 187 stippling brush or Ecotools kabuki brush all over my face. I then, to ensure I get my perfect flawless base I take my cosmopolitan blending sponge (dry) and bounce it over my whole face. It picks up excess foundation and helps blend the foundation into my skin seamlessly and leaves a smooth and very natural looking air brushed appearance.


I've been using this Cosmopolitan blending sponge for almost 2 years now and I have to say it's the best thing for a flawless foundation base! For under £5 this is a very cheap sponge with high end perfect finish results which I would never have expected, this is my second sponge as my first after many many months of use and washes split a bit so I threw it away, but I still find the quality after so many uses and washes is maintained like brand new. It stays super soft and holds it's shape too.

The only minor thing is it takes time to rinse out the foundation from the sponge! You have to literally shampoo it a few times to get the dirt out, but I find if you rinse it out with warm soapy water after every other use, it means less work trying to clean it after say a week of use!

I absolutely love my blending sponge and since using it would not go without incorporating it into my makeup routine because it is so brilliant. It literally takes a few seconds to apply airbrushed looking foundation to the skin, you can wear it light and natural or build it up and still look natural without cakeyness!

I always get complimented on how radiant, smooth and flawless my makeup looks and it's thanks to this little beauty! A awesome product I never thought I would find in Superdrug!


Great Base Makes A Flawless Face!

Dyno x

No comments:

Post a Comment