Friday, 9 March 2012

Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer - Review


“A concealer stick that covers spots, freckles and dark circles to create a beautiful, even-toned complexion.” – Cle de Peau Beauté

Clé de Peau Beauté is a high quality skincare and makeup line - Japanese manufacturer of luxury cosmetics, makeup, skincare and fragrance. Clé de Peau Beauté Correcteur Visage/Concealer is a perennial makeup artist favourite, Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer is highly editorialized and continues to win major awards year after year (2000 and 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10 and 11). See Instyle's best beauty buys article here.


I became interested in this concealer about a year ago from reading a magazine it featured in, but at £56.00/$70.00 for a concealer purchased over the internet and not being entirely sure what colour I needed I didn't place an order. Last year on holiday in Las Vegas I was in Barney's department store and saw a  Clé de Peau Beauté counter and headed over to try out some of their products. The sales lady was mature and very helpful and matched me up with the shade 'Honey', this shade is best matched for middle-eastern origin ladies, my skin tone falls into that category. 

I handed over my credit card and splurged $70 on a concealer stick, but I have my justifications; it was smooth, it was in a tube, not liquid and it was creamy and blended nicely on my hand. More so I discovered the following:


Key benefits and ingredients:
- Enhanced with Revitalizing Moisture Complex to lock in moisture and smooth out texture.
- Blends sublimely to expertly conceal dark circles, spots and imperfections.
- High-performance powders ensure flawless skin in any light, providing maximum coverage with a smooth, even finish that does not crease.

There are four shades available: (Lightest) Ivory, Beige, Ocher, Honey (Darkest). It's good to bare in mind although you have a light complexion you may benefit from 'Beige' or 'Honey' the peachyness in the colour help correct and neutralise the dark and blue lines and circles. But if you find a true match in 'Ivory' or 'Ocher' these can also be used it depends on what you look for in a concealer. 

Honey, is a deeper golden tan shade with dominant peach base for tan to deep skin tones.  Ivory – a natural toned pale beige for light skin tones, Beige – a neutral beige shade for light to medium skin tones, Ochre – a yellow based tan for medium, tan and olive skin tones.

My concern is to cover any dark circles, lines, bags or marks that may appear, I very rarely get dark circles or any marks, lines or bags; in fact I don't have any at all, unless I haven't slept for 2 days! But I like to use a concealer under my eye rather than a foundation because the eye area skin is more delicate and applying a concealer specific for that area is more gentle and helps my foundation look more even.


Above the left image the first swatch is a light one and the second is a heavy swatch, you don't need the heavy swatch or else the blending isn't great and you have too much product to work with. Blending is the key with this concealer (see above right image) it completely evens out and looks flawless, is light to wear and virtually undetectable. I specifically applied the concealer on my wrist were veins are prominent so you can see how well the concealer covers up! 


How to apply: apply after skincare, extend the product 1cm and apply directly to desired areas or with a concealer brush. Blend gently with fingers to warm up product for it to adapt to your skin. After - when applying powder-type foundation with a wet sponge or cream/liquid type foundation over concealer, pat foundation gently for an even and beautiful finish.

I made the best decision when I purchased this concealer, I've been using it occasionally for special days rather than every day because firstly, I don't need concealing, only to brighten up the under eye area or to help my foundation hold nicely under eyes, two, it's difficult to get hold of till I visit the US again. With one swipe of this dream concealer stick it sends dark circles packing. It covers up marks so well, the thin consistency prevents creasing and it wears for about 8-10 hours without looking worn off or cakey. I think that's really impressive for a whole day wear, even after 9 plus hours of wear it looks great. Below I took these photos after the whole day and it still is in place and my under eye skin looks flawless.


If you are looking for a concealer with in my opinion the best and  near perfect coverage with a smooth and flawless  finish, Clé de Peau Concealer is a good investment. It lives up to all it's hype and is worth the price. Would I purchase it again? Yes definitely! This is my favourite concealer and I have tried quite a few such as MAC, Nars, Chanel, Dior, Bobbi Brown, YSL but they don't match up or give me the results I'm looking for.

 This concealer really is one of the best purchases I have made, expensive yes but it hasn't let me down and I'm looking forward to visiting the US and re-purchasing it! I have quite alot left but when it runs out I'm in trouble because I can't buy it over the counter in the UK, online only from sites I'm not so sure about! I like to buy things over the counter! I highly recommend this concealer it's the best!


Beautiful Eyes...Love Clé de Peau 

Dyno x

3 comments:

  1. I heard so many great things about the brand. I wish it was in the UK as the products are just too expensive to buy online without seeing them!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tali Hey, I know I didn't want to purchase them online without seeing and trying them. I can't wait to go over to the US and pick up a few more things! xxx

    ReplyDelete

  3. nice blog..Interested in following each other..?
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete