Sunday, 26 February 2012

End of Week Haul


This weeks haul is a mixture of four purchases and 3 samples:
  • Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel
  • Calvin Klein Euphoria Blossom Perfume
  • Nars Blush in Gaeity
  • MAC Lipstick in Modesty
  • Clarins Ever Matte Foundation Sample
  • Nars Gentle Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover Sample
  • Nars Makeup removing Water Sample


Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel is a Rinse off face wash, it's a light gel that transforms into an oil when applied to the skin and when water is added into a milk. The gel glides over the skin lifts makeup and impurities and the Marula oil in it helps keep the skin feeling comfortable whilst removing all traces of makeup and dirt. The gel is a repurchase for me this week!

I've been using this cleansing gel for over 2 years now and I know some people may feel shock horror at the thought of this cleanser being oil based but one thing I have learnt about skin care is sometimes a little oil is beneficial in maintaining a balance for the skin. I also like the feeling of squeaky clean skin after I've washed my face and this gel helps achieve that without feeling so harsh. 


Calvin Klein Euphoria Blossom Perfume was a on the random pick up, I use to wear the CK Euphoria and really liked it in my teenage years. It is actually softer than the classic one with a more woody and floral scent. It brings a fresh citrusy opening, peony in the heart, and white musk in the drydown, with original spicy base components preserved. It's quite different to what I usually wear but cool to have in my collection and reasonably priced for 100ml.


Nars Blush in Gaeity is described as a “bright candy pink.” It’s a medium cotton candy pink; it has a strong blue base, so it levels off more cool-toned. It has decent to good colour pay-off and it can be layered and built up to achieve bright colour. Gaiety is part of the Nars Spring 2012 Makeup Collection and is a new permanent shade added to Nars blushes. You can see my review of it here. I absolutely love it!!!


MAC Lipstick in Modesty is a repurchase this week, It's my to-go lipstick with a colour match of 'my lips but better' shade. This is my favourite MAC lipstick, never lets me down and always looks pretty. This is my third tube in one year, that's how much I love and rely on it! 

MAC describe Modesty as a 'Muted Neutral Pink' in a Cremesheen Formula. Cremesheen lipsticks are my favourites as they are smooth, creamy and nicely pigmented offering full coverage. I can't rave about MAC Modesty enough!


Clarins Ever Matte Foundation Sample is a new matte formula foundation from Clarins. The perfect shine-control, balancing foundation for women looking for matte skin in any circumstance. Its plant-based "Skin Detox" complex regulates production of sebum and tightens pores. The fluid, lightweight texture perfectly melts into the skin, allowing it to breathe without any drying effect. The complexion is enhanced with an imperceptible matte veil which remains flawless from morning to night. 

I like the sound of this foundation but will always try a sample before I buy. I picked up samples in two shades as one was too dark and the other too light so I may have to combine the two shades to achieve a perfect match. The shades I picked up is '113 Chestnut' and '112 Amber', I'll do a review once I've tried this foundation out. Looking on the Clarins website there is a better selection of shades and I think the sales assistant couldn't be bothered to match me up properly so I might go and browse the section again and pick a shade myself. 


Nars Gentle Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover Sample, I'm always on the lookout for a eye makeup remover and after my Clarins Gentle Eye makeup remover lotion fail (reviewed here), I'm looking forward to trying Nars, I absolutely love Nars products!

Nars Makeup removing Water Sample, I'm also always on the lookout for a good face makeup remover, this one appeals as it's soap, alcohol and oil free. I'll do a review on both samples once I've used them for a few days or so.


Let's see what I pick up next week!

Love Hauls!

Dyno x

10 comments:

  1. Pretty blush! Nars has the BEST blushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great haul, that nars blush looks gorgeous!
    following you! hope youd like to check out my blog and follow back? it would be very appreciated!
    xoxo kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kelsey Hi, Thanks for visiting, I will take a look too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there! i'm new to your blog but i was wondering if you still have the sample bottles from nars? i'd like to purchase them off from you plmk :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi there! i'm new to your blog but i was wondering if you still have the sample bottles from nars? i'd like to purchase them off from you plmk :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there! i'm new to your blog and i was wondering if you still had the nars sample bottles? i'd like to purchase them off from you lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sorry I no longer have the sample bottles

      Delete